#HotSummerEats ~ Steak and Potato Kebabs
Welcome to another day of #HotSummerEats! Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla has rallied 18 bloggers together to share some AMAZING recipes with you to inspire your summer cooking over the course of this week. Make sure to click over to this kickoff post and enter the HUGE giveaway - so many amazing prizes from our sponsors!!
I knew I wanted to do some sort of grilling kebab recipe this week, and decided on steak for the kebabs (I've actually never done steak before - just chicken, shrimp, veggies, and scallops previously)! When thinking about what to serve alongside the steak, potatoes seemed like the right side dish, and why not try them on the grill too!
We received some pretty fantastic products via Intensity Academy - and I decided to use the Pirate Jonny's Guava Girl sauce for the steak and the spicy and smokey Calypso Kick seasoning mix on the potatoes. I loved the Guava Girl sauce with the steak. Really fantastic thickness and the perfect amount of sweetness along with the spices. Absolutely delicious sauce! The Calypso Kick seasoning mix went beautifully with the potatoes and it definitely packs a nice punch! Dial the heat up or down by adjusting how much seasoning mix you add to your dish.
I love that these dishes were both completely uncomplicated, and thanks to delicious sauces and seasonings they were fantastic! Both the steak and potatoes disappeared in no time flat with two hungry boys ready to dig in when these were pronounced available for consumption.
You can serve a little extra Guava Girl sauce on the side if you like something to "dip" in, plus the sauce is a little bit addicting, so you might find yourself just putting your finger in it... to taste test, yes, to taste test...
1 lb steak, diced into 1" cubes
1 cup Guava Girl by Pirate Jonny
- Marinate diced steak in the Guava Girl sauce for at least 4 hours before skewering and grilling (overnight if able).
- Cook approximately 5 - 8 minutes (or until steak reaches desired doneness) on a grill heated to medium-high heat, rotating for even cooking.
Grilled Potatoes inspired by AllRecipes
4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced into evenly sized rounds
1/2 TBS - 1 TBS Calypso Kick Caribeque Seasoning
2 TBS olive oil
- Place cut potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add water to cover potatoes. Cover the bowl with a microwave safe plate or saran wrap.
- Microwave for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and evenly cooked (they should be completely cooked through before grilling).
- Pour water out of bowl, and allow potatoes to air dry on paper towels for a few moments. Dry the bowl and add the olive oil and desired amount of seasoning. Toss the cooked potatoes in the seasoning mixture before skewering potato slices.
- Grill the potatoes on a grill heated to medium-high heat for 5 - 10 minutes, or until they have good grill marks. Brush with remaining marinade during cooking, and rotate the potatoes for even cooking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Disclaimer - Thank you to #HotSummerEats sponsors BenBella Vegan, Caribeque, Casabella, Gourmet Garden, Intensity Academy, Not Ketchup, Out of the Weeds. Pirate Jonny's, Quirk Books, Spicely Organics, T.Lish, and Voodoo Cheffor for providing prizes as well as samples and product to use for#HotSummerEats. No additional compensation was provided. All opinions stated are my own.
I love my Guava Girl!!!!! We used it to cool down some pork chops that I overspiced a bit.ReplyDelete
That sounds perfect!Delete
Was diving all morning and now I am sitting here, starving, waiting for everyone else to be ready for dinner and I open up this mouth watering post!!! I wonder how much one can drool on a keyboard before damaging it??ReplyDelete
Haha Wendy!! :DDelete
So many flavors, and so much delicious happiness!!! I love recipes like this for Summer! Yum, Hugs, TerraReplyDelete
Thanks Terra!! :)Delete
Those potatoes look perfect.ReplyDelete
I loved the little bit of char from the grill!Delete