Party Beans


These beans are awesome. The flavor is terrific and I love that they are made in one pot! They are versatile as well - depending on your preference for meat-to-bean ratio feel free to play with it and change it up. The photos of this recipe are from the batch I made following the original recipe (linked below) as written; however I changed the shared recipe up to match how I made them the second time with a little less meat and more beans. I thought there was just to much ground beef to bean ratio in the first batch for my tastes - my son however thought they were great either way!


I asked for a Dutch Oven many years ago and my grandmother gifted this one to me one Christmas I believe (or maybe for a birthday) - I am just recently putting it to more and more use! I love that it easily goes stove top to oven. I have a rice recipe I've made a couple times now that I've yet to share (because I keep forgetting to photograph it before it is devoured) that I've used this Dutch Oven for as well. I just love how convenient they are!


These baked beans have a wonderful smoky sweet flavor to them. The barbecue and onion soup mix blend together for a sweet and savory base to coat the beans and meat in. These are hearty enough to eat as a main dish, but perfect for a side dish to your favorite barbecue meal as well.


The first time we tried these, we served them along side some steamed buttered peas and grilled brats. The second time I served them at a get together we hosted and everyone really enjoyed them! I cooked the meat up then tossed the meat along with all the other ingredients directly into the crock pot and left it on low until it was time to eat. This recipe works great cooked in the oven or the crock pot.


Party Beans adapted from AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 pound sliced bacon
1 pound ground round
2 (15-ounce) cans baked beans with pork
2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans, drained
1 (15.5-ounce) can butter beans, drained
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup barbecue sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a Dutch Oven, cook bacon until crisp over medium to medium-high heat on the stove. Add in the ground beef, and cook until heated through. Drain off excess grease if desired (as long as there isn't too much, I don't drain off the grease).
  3. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
  4. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour in the preheated oven.



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts