Crazy Weekend! :)

What an amazing weekend! :) This was Robin's (a friend of mine I met through SMO back when I was brand new to surrogacy) wedding weekend. She asked Kent to be one of her ring bearers, and the rehearsal was Friday evening so I worked until about 2:00 then picked Kent up at daycare and we rushed to pack the car up with all of our stuff (I'd done most of the "human" packing the night before while he stayed over at Honey's house, but the packing for the dogs was the most time consuming part of loading the car and trying to get ready to go)! I've never taken my dogs to a hotel before, so I was a little nervous about getting 3 kennels and all their beds, toys, food, bowls, etc. into the car along with me, Kent, our bags and all of them! Amazingly it fit, it was a tight fit, but it all fit. Big dogs rode in the back of the car, and the 2 little ones rode up front and the largest kennel which wouldn't fit in the trunk worked as sort of a screen, resting in the leg space of the back seat - it was nice that the big dogs couldn't just stick their heads between the seats and slobber on me while I was driving! :)

In any event, traffic was rotten on the way up (rush hour on Friday, I knew it would be), even so - it was even worse than I'd expected and it took us about 20-30 minutes more than I'd hoped to leave the house so we were behind schedule. Eventually though, we made it to Candlewood Suits which has only been open for less than a month and still smells new - the rooms were awesome and the staff was really nice! I found out upon check in I was only supposed to have a max of 2 animals in the room - but I told the lady when I made the reservation that I had more than that and she'd never said anything so although it appeared to make him a little nervous, he let me check in without any further words about how many furry critters I'd brought! I promised him they were very well behaved... (and crossed my fingers they didn't make a liar of me)!

We got their kennels set up, took them all for a walk and then got them settled in the room and off we went to the rehearsal dinner. I got a little lost, but called Robin and she got me on the right road. It was actually really easy to find my way around, only a couple major roads I had to get familiar with.

We spent from about 7:00 through about 10:00 that evening (if I remember right) there at the church, doing rehearsal and some set up and then eating dinner with everyone. We went back and had a quiet evening with the puppies and watched some TV and crashed.

The next morning we slept in some, I took lots more walks with the dogs, worked out a little, had some cereal and then around 11:00 Kent and I ran out and got his tux fitted and paid for the rental and then we stopped at Old Navy for black socks (oops, knew I'd forget something), and then Olive Garden for lunch. It was kind of fun to go to a sit down restaurant with Kent, just the two of us. We had a very nice time, and the food and service was very good. I love Olive Garden salad, so I had soup and salad and it was very yummy!

We spent the rest of the afternoon back at the hotel, walked the dogs more, watched some TV and around 5:00 we headed to the church for pictures and prep. Kent was in a couple pictures and I took a ton with my camera, and right at 7:00 the service started. It was lovely, very elegant and Robin was of course just beautiful. :) Kent was so handsome in his tux and hopefully I got at least a few good shots of him! :) He was so ready to change right after, he'd gotten undressed and in his regular clothes when someone said they needed him for a few more pics so we had to rush him back into his clothes for a few more pictures with Robin and her other ringbearer, her first surrobaby Charlie! It was really cool to meet the families Robin has carried for, and see the children she helped bring to their parent's arms. That was really touching and special for me (both of her former IMs were bridesmaids as well).

We headed over to the reception around 8:00 after getting Kent changed again and enjoyed a lovely dinner (the grits bar was AWESOME) and I got to chat for awhile with their photographer and good friend during the meal. Kent found some friends to play with and then after the bouquet and garter toss there was dancing. Around 11:00 Kent was pretty much done and had no one else to play with and I didn't really know anyone there so I was ok with leaving, and I was pretty tired too so we headed on back to the hotel. One more walk for the dogs and we all crashed.

Sunday morning was relaxing to sleep in and take it easy a little. After a nice hot shower and change into clean clothes I went ahead and started packing everything back up, that took a good hour to get everything back into the car - the dogs had way more stuff then me and Kent!! :) We took them all for one last walk and got them all loaded up and we headed out around 10:45 to head back home. We stopped once on the way back for some Starbucks and to share a cookie (love Starbucks cookies) and got home around 1:00. We unpacked pretty quickly and I think the puppies were happy to be in their own backyard and then living room, though they all did REALLY well at the hotel, I was very proud of my puppies! :)

I spent about 45 minutes outside enjoying the sunshine getting a tan and reading Eclipse (for the 3rd time); its been a couple weeks since I spent any time tanning and I was starting to feel deprived - I've spent at least some time tanning almost every weekend this summer and am enjoying having some color on my skin this year! We will be spending next weekend with Vicki & Johnny at Lake Lanier so I'm sure I'll get a little more sun then too!

This is Kent's last week before school starts, and they have lots of field trips planned. His open house is this Thursday, so I get to meet his teacher and make sure we have everything he'll need for his first day. Robin's present to him was a very cool sling back pack which he was excited about - so he's already got his nice new backpack - now we just have to load it up!

I haven't talked to Kenneth much at all since he left last week and am starting to feel deprived... I miss him! Ok, enough of my ramblings, that's my catch up! :)

I started Provera last Friday and should hopefully get my period by early next week and then it will be a count down to CD21 and the start of lupron! L and I are both so excited to move on to meds!! Fingers crossed for smooth cycling and a late September transfer! :)


Popular Posts