Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches


Because it is summertime, because I had a bunch of picnic / barbecue leftover side dishes, because I've been wanting to try this recipe for a long time, because I love my crockpot, because I love Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce we had THIS recipe for dinner the other night and it was SOOOO EASY and delicious too!!


My son had a friend over for the afternoon and dinner and I had to apologize that 75% of the dishes we put out for dinner were in tupperwares (watermelon, pasta salad, coleslaw, baked beans), but we just had a big get together on Sunday and I still had side dishes left that needed to be consumed. I've been trying to "mix it up" while we're eating down the refrigerator. I used some of the leftover grilled chicken in a version of these sandwiches, and now pulled pork sandwiches as a main dish (since we ate up all the leftover protein already) with the remaining leftovers on the side. I added a new side dish too - the green beans you see above (which were ahhh-mazing, I'll share those tomorrow)!

I am happy to report the baked beans are gone, and I think there's less than a cup of watermelon left. The pasta salad seems to only get eaten by me (which is fine, because I could probably eat it every day), and so does the coleslaw. My son is not a mayonnaise fan - but there's only enough for probably one more of these yummy sandwiches anyway (guess what's for dinner for me tonight?!)


As you can see I topped mine with a slice of cheese and a very nice helping of delicious homemade coleslaw (I love that recipe)! This was a delicious meal - I always love coming home to a crockpot dinner practically ready to serve after a full day at work, and with the warmer weather here again these are the perfect summery treats to enjoy for lunch or dinner that require very little effort, and very few ingredients!

Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Six Sisters Stuff

Ingredients
1 (3 pound) boneless pork roast
1 (12 oz) can root beer (I used diet)
1 (18 oz) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray's)
8 hamburger buns

Directions
  1. Place roast inside slow cooker and pour the root beer over the meat. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours (or until meat easily shreds).
  2. Drain off the cooking liquid and use meat claws, two forks, or a large spoon to break the meat apart. Stir in the bottle of BBQ sauce. Keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
  3. Place meat on hamburger buns and serve drizzled with more BBQ sauce if desired.
Serving suggestion: Top with a slice of American or cheddar cheese and sliced dill pickles. Top with coleslaw (or mix and match)!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Me too - especially when they're straight out of the crock pot! No mess, no fuss, little clean up. Can't beat that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts