#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Braid




Welcome to the June reveal day for #FoodieExtravaganza! Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month we celebrate National Egg Day on June 3rd by serving up egg dishes of all kinds.


Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to our Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!

Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!



Today I am sharing a yummy Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Braid. Mine didn't exactly come out "braided" but I'll leave the name alone because if you don't have the same trouble I did with the crescent rolls, I'm sure you will end up with a beautiful braid. However, even if you don't get the braid quite right, you will certainly end up with a DELICIOUS breakfast your family will enjoy!


This is a dish I've been eyeballing on Pinterest for awhile now and when Wendy from A Day In The Life On The Farm selected eggs for our key ingredient this month I knew it was the perfect opportunity to test this recipe out. My son LOVED this dish, and so did I! The eggs are creamy and stay moist and tender thanks to the cream cheese and milk blended in, and being encased in the butter crescent roll dough. The dough is flaky and tender, and the ham and cheese are just icing on the cake. I think next time I would mix in some bacon bits to the egg mixture too (per my son's feedback / request, bacon makes everything better, you know). Overall there is nothing I would change - however there are a million ways you could change this one up to make it your own! Saute some mushrooms, onions and peppers and add those to the egg mixture, use a mixture of shredded cheeses instead of cheddar, or use slices of cheese instead of shredded. Change up the ham slices to turkey, Canadian bacon, etc. Have fun with it, make it your own! Serve this dish with some fresh fruit and you will have a fantastic start to the day. I think this would be perfect served to company at a brunch or Holiday breakfast.

Take a look at all the other DELICIOUS egg-inspired dishes shared today:


Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Braid from Fab Fatale

Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced (I used 5 large slices of ham lunchmeat)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Beat milk and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in eggs, and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium high heat and cook egg mixture until eggs are almost set.
  3. Arrange the crescent rolls from one package into a rectangle shape on top of a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place rolls from remaining package along the edges of the two long sides of the rectangle, with the broad half of the rolls on top of the first layer of rolls, and the pointed ends extending over the sides of the pan.
  4. Arrange the ham in a layer down the center of the dough. Spoon the cooked egg mixture on top of the ham and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the eggs. Bring the corners of the rolls together over the cheese to form a 'braid' shape.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.



Comments

  1. Even without the braid it is still lovely Rebekah. Thanks for joining in this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for picking the incredible, edible egg!! My hubby won't eat them, but the rest of us LOVE eggs and eat them pretty much every day. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this looks awesome! I love new + different breakfast foods + this is such a pretty way to present ham, egg, cheese, and bread. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love new everything, and this was such a great "twist" for an all-in-one breakfast dish with all our favorite components, and I love how versatile it is too! Lots of ways to change it up. :)

      Delete
  3. Braid, schmaid. Looks don't matter when you have cream cheese, ham and cheddar! Although I agree with your son that bacon makes everything better. Lovely loaf, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is better with bacon, but this looks delicious just as it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this looks wonderful! My husband would love it with bacon- he also says bacon makes everything better. I don't personally like bacon, so I'm sure I could add it to half of the braid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing and soooo good! I can't say no to cream cheese in anything and I love recipes with crescents! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Braid or no braid, Rebekah, it looks wonderful! I will definitely give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing with #foodieextravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Cam - it was so good, and I thought it came out so pretty too. :)

      Delete
  8. I wholeheartedly agree - eggs make everything better. Nice versatile dish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As long as it tastes good that's all that matters and I can imagine this tastes really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts