Welcome to another day of #HotSummerEats! We're approaching the end of these delicious summer inspired recipes - make sure you don't miss out! Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla has rallied 18 bloggers together to share some AMAZING recipes with you to inspire your summer cooking over the course of this week. Make sure to click over to this kickoff post and enter the HUGE giveaway - so many amazing prizes from our sponsors!!
If you want something with an Asian flair and still want to put your grill to good use this summer, definitely give this complete meal a try. T.Lish makes a wonderful Asian Sesame dressing / vinaigrette / marinade and it works perfectly on grilled chicken which is served over a bed of out of this world pineapple fried rice!
We actually ran out of propane half way through grilling this chicken so we finished it on our multi purpose panini press / grill and were glad for a "back up"! Don't you love running out of gas in the middle of cooking something? No? Me neither!
The rice is really fantastic. This is the first time I've made fried rice at home, and it certainly won't be the last. I loved the addition of the pineapple to compliment the flavors in the grilled chicken. They worked so well together! The leftovers of this dish disappeared by the next day. If you haven't had the chance to use any of Gourmet Garden's tubes or lightly dried herbs, I hope you give them a chance. I've been lucky enough to work with their products a couple times now and am always SO impressed with the quality of their herbs! When you don't have access to fresh, or prefer something that lasts longer, the Gourmet Garden products are absolutely the very best alternative. Such great quality.
Asian Grilled Chicken
1 lb chicken breast meat, pounded to even thinness
1 cup T.Lish Asian Sesame marinade
- Combine chicken and marinade in a resealable container and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight, prior to cooking.
- When ready to cook, oil grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken (adjust heat as necessary so chicken doesn't burn while cooking), and baste during cooking with the marinade. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve over pineapple fried rice.
Pineapple Fried Rice adapted from Fearless Homemaker
2 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 small Vidalia onion, finely diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced into small rounds
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
2 eggs (I did not use)
3 cups cooked white rice
2 1/2 TBS soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 TBS sesame oil
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic, and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until translucent and tender.
- Turn the heat up to high, and add in the carrot, red bell pepper, and peas. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the pineapple, and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer all of the cooked vegetables to a bowl and set aside. In the empty skillet, turn the heat down to medium, add the eggs, and scramble (if using). When they’re scrambled, add them to the bowl with the veggies.
- Add the tablespoon of sesame oil to the empty skillet, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the cooked rice to the pan, and let cook for 3-5 minutes while stirring occasionally. The rice will brown a little. Add in the soy sauce, black pepper, the cooked veggies and eggs, and cook on high for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until everything is well-combined and heated through.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired, then serve immediately.
Disclaimer - Thank you to #HotSummerEats sponsors BenBella Vegan, Caribeque, Casabella, Gourmet Garden, Intensity Academy, Not Ketchup, Out of the Weeds. Pirate Jonny's, Quirk Books, Spicely Organics, T.Lish, and Voodoo Cheffor for providing prizes as well as samples and product to use for#HotSummerEats. No additional compensation was provided. All opinions stated are my own.