You can store the cake in it's baking dish, just cover well with cling-wrap. It will stay moist for a couple days. Goes great with some afternoon tea or as dessert!
Cinnamon Roll Cake from Coleen's Recipes
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 whole large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixer (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter flavored Crisco) and blend until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the next 4 ingredients (vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract) on low speed. Mix everything just until smooth, do not over mix.
- In a different small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, set aside.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" glass baking dish. Pour half of the cake batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle it with 2/3 of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture, then top with the other half of the cake batter. Spread gently with a spatula. Gently swirl a small knife through the batter, making sure that you don't scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the 2nd layer with the final 1/3 of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean (be careful not to over bake).
- Remove from oven and let the cake rest for 15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the hot cake.