Pigs In A Blanket Christmas Wreath for #BakingBloggers
This month, our theme is baked party appetizers and it was the perfect chance for me to whip up this adorable recipe!
Baking Bloggers December 2021
Baked Party Appetizers
- Brie Gougere from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Cheddar Cheese and Pecan Crisps from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cheesy White Sauce Chicken Buns from Sneha’s Recipe
- Crescent Roll Samosa Wreath from Magical Ingredients
- Mini Christmas Cakes from Small Batch Baking Kitchen
- Monte Cristo Puffs from Palatable Pastime
- Pigs In A Blanket Christmas Wreath from Making Miracles
- Shrimp and Pork Roll Lettuce Cups from A Day in the Life on the Farm
I love pigs in a blanket! They are a classic and a go-to appetizer in our house. And with some circular arrangement and a little decoration with some rosemary sprigs you'll have a beautiful holiday wreath styled recipe absolutely perfect to serve before any Christmas meal! I won't admit how many of these I may have consumed.
Pigs In A Blanket Christmas Wreath
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
24 Lil Smokies Smoked Sausage
2 TBS Horseradish or Dijon mustard
rosemary sprigs (for decoration)
Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Have a round pizza pan ready to arrange the pigs in a blanket on.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough, brush generously with the horseradish or dijon mustard. Cut each crescent roll triangle into three. Place a Lil Smokie at the thick end of one of the crescent roll strips and roll up, ending at the narrow end. Arrange in a circle shape on the pizza pan, with rolls gently touching until you have used all of the dough and sausages.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before carefully moving to a round serving tray (the sections may come apart a little, just recreate the circle shape as best you can).
- Arrange the rosemary sprigs around the outside of the wreath, and place a small bowl of ketchup in the middle to serve.
Recipe adapted from Delish