Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
This month, Patricia from Patyco Candybar said: "Let's enjoy our Christmas Bundt! Next December it would be nice if we bake a Bundt Cake as a homage to our friends of Bundt Bakers. Each one of us, will need to choose their favorite Bundt, among the posts that we all have published during these years."
I love this theme - it's always fun to visit another blogging friends' recipes and search through to pick something to try! I went back to an old #BundtBakers post and looked through the list on that particular post and this one jumped out at me. This one was originally shared by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm during our "apple" event!
It is a wonderful spice cake base full of apples for moisture and sliced almonds for crunch! It is very lightly sweetened, so the honey glaze adds that extra touch of sweetness (but is optional - I often don't glaze or frost my bundt cakes).
These are perfect alongside a cup of coffee or tea pretty much any time of day!
See all of our tribute cakes!
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze (from A Day in the Life on the Farm) by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt (from Making Miracles) by Food Lust People Love
- Cookies and Cream Mini Bundts (from Food Lust People Love) by Sneha’s Recipe
- Dutch Speculaas Bundt Cake (from Tartacadabra) by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Magical Ingredients Honey Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Weicher Lebkuchen – Soft German Gingerbread Bundt Cake (from Food Lust People Love) by Patyco Candybar
Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS honey
2 TBS milk
1 apple, grated
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 TBS vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray 4 or 5 wells on a mini bundt pan with nonstick baker's spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grated apple, cinnamon, and 1 TBS of the flour (taken from the 1 1/2 cup amount). Stir to coat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil and sugar and blend on medium to medium-high speed until well combined. Add in the egg and blend well; scrape down the sides and bottom as needed. Add in the vanilla and blend.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir just until combined. Stir the sliced almonds in with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter into the prepared bundt pan.*
- Bake in the preheated oven 22-30 minutes until baked through - or a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with crumbs only (start with the lower bake time if you do 5 instead of 4 cakes as they won't need as long to bake).
- Allow to cool in the tins about 5-10 minutes before carefully removing and allow to complete cooling on a wire rack.
- Optional - while cakes cool prepare the glaze by whisking together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle the glaze over cooled cakes.
Recipe adapted from A Day In The Life On The Farm
I'm glad you enjoyed this cake Rebekah. Merry Christmas to you and yours.ReplyDelete
A delicious recipe, I love the mixture of apples and almonds!
Thanks for your delicious mini bundts honoring Stacy!
I remember bookmarking that one to try one day since I love apples and almonds! Lovely little Bundts, Rebekah!ReplyDelete
I love little bundtlets, and these flavors sound perfect together.ReplyDelete