Gorditas dulces de harina de trigo "Chubby Sweet Flour"




This is a very tasty recipe from the AllRecipes Mexico site - they are kind of like dense lightly sweet biscuits or english muffins. My son really liked these - he ate half of the recipe less than 24 hours after I made them! I was able to cook these up in 2 batches in my cast iron - about 5 minutes per side was about right to get a lightly browned outer surface, cooked through in the middle, and with a really nice chewy texture. These are great as an anytime treat / snack, or with some coffee or tea. My son loved these plain, and I thought they were very tasty by themselves but they would also be good with some honey or jam.

The translation of the name totally cracked me up - that's why I picked these in the first place and I'm so glad we gave these a try! Kent has already asked me to make these again.

Gorditas dulces de harina de trigo by Nydia Parra on AllRecipes

Ingredients
4 cups flour
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
scant 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/4 tsp salt

Directions

  1. Warm the milk in saucepan over medium heat, do not boil.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy and then gradually stir in flour and salt, alternating with the warm milk until a workable dough is formed.
  3. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thick, cut into small rounds. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat and cook until browned on both sides and the dough is cooked through in the middle (about 5 minutes per side).


Lindsey is John Deere chic!




Comments

  1. could you add pineapple to make pineapple sugar gorditas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts