Swiss Cheese Noodle Bake
This is a twist on the traditional noodle / cheese / pasta sauce casserole dish with the use of Swiss cheese. I had to use my non-dairy cheese on mine so I didn't taste the dish as written below - but my husband said it was good! My son said the cheese gave it a slightly "weird" taste - I think it was just something he wasn't used to! The version that I had with my "fake" cheese was very good and reheated very well for lunch at work the next day.
I think this makes for a very quick and tasty weeknight dinner - serve this with some crusty garlic bread and a crisp green salad for a complete meal!
Swiss Cheese Noodle Bake adjusted from AllRecipeson
Ingredients1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
1 medium onion, diced
1 (26 ounce) jar chunky style pasta sauce
8-oz uncooked broad egg noodles
12-oz shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cooking spray to prep a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook ground beef, sausage, and onion in a large, deep skillet until well browned, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the egg noodles. Boil until cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Spoon half of the meat sauce into the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the cooked noodles, and 6 ounces of the cheese. Repeat with remaining sauce, noodles, and cheese.
- Place uncovered dish in preheated oven. Bake until cheese is melted and browned, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.