Half way to her first birthday already - happy 6 months baby girl
Lindsey's 6 Month Fun Facts:
- She's still a drool monster - going through multiple clothing and bib changes each day, but still no teeth popping through.
- She loves to put EVERYTHING in her mouth - her favorite teething toys are her Sophie the giraffe and fingers (usually mom or dads).
- She's doing great with solid foods and has tried out quite a few fruits and veggies - we tried a little chicken last night and that was a no-go. She made quite the face! We'll stick with fruits and veggies for now!
- She's getting better with her nap and sleep schedule sloooowwwllly. She has a pretty set nap schedule now and usually naps at 9:30 for about 2 hours, up for 2 hours and down for another 1-2 hours and sometimes a 30 minute nap in the evening.
- Her bedtime routine includes dinner around 7:00pm (usually about 3-4 ounces of a fruit or veggie and about 2 ounces of baby oatmeal cereal mixed with formula), a bathtub for about 10 minutes, lotion all over and change into pajamas, brush her hair, warm up a breast milk bottle, and then we read 1-2 books (The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and The Little Train). After we finish her books, she gets her reflux meds, wrapped up snug in her swaddle blanket, and then lights off, noise machine on, and we rock while she finishes her bottle and sometimes nurses then when she's very drowsy into bed she goes...
- She still wakes up about once in the middle of the night (1ish) and then usually again between 4-5 and then stays in bed until 7:30 - 8:00am.
- She's about outgrown her Rock N Play Sleeper and we're going to have to move her to her crib very soon!
- She is very snuggly and huggy now when she's a little sleepy, and she's started giving big 'ol sloppy open mouth baby kisses on my cheek.
- She is sitting up very well now and holds it for longer and longer periods of time - she has yet to actually pull herself into a seated position on her own, though she's getting better about using her arms to keep herself from falling over and pushing herself back up.
- She's getting better about "tummy time" as well, now that she can push herself up higher and look around better and for longer periods of time she is enjoying it more. I still haven't seen her roll from her tummy to her back, Kenneth says she doesn't do it very often.
- She doesn't use her baby gym nearly as much since she doesn't like to spend much time laying on her back anymore - but we will sometimes pull it up next to her and sit her with a nursing pillow around her for support so she can still play with the toys - she likes that it makes music and still likes to play with it as long as she can be sitting when she does.
- I absolutely adore her and love her to pieces and am always so happy to get home after a long day at work to pick her up and swing her around and make her giggle and smile.
- She loves her big brother, and he is so good with her! He is almost always my "photographer's assistant" when it's picture time and helps entertain her, make sure she doesn't fall over, and gets big beautiful smiles out of her! :)
- The day Lindsey turned 6 months old, my other "baby" was finally sold - my beautiful yellow Corvette. We decided since it was just sitting in the garage and not getting driven anymore it was time to let it go and pay off the car we purchased once Lindsey was on the way which is my commuter car and the family car now - so back to only having the mortgage debt! Yay! I will miss my pretty car though - I sure enjoyed it for the nearly 7 years I had it (I used to drive it every day to work!)