This one's a keeper!! :)

So I am finally excited to be able to announce on here that our family will be growing by two (tiny) feet come September! I am very excited, anxious, and feeling blessed and am hopeful for one last boring full term singleton pregnancy. After the past 6 years of being a part of 4 little miracles with 3 different families, it is surreal to be anticipating the arrival of our own child... to think that the little one growing inside me is a piece of me and my hubby this time, and that I won't just come home after delivery and get to sleep through the night... this time will be a whole new ball game... well not completely new, but sort of feels that way! Kent will turn 15 just 2 months after the baby is due... that is crazy enough by itself! How is my baby nearly 15??

We told Kent the news a couple weeks ago and shared the news with our family this past week. We got Kent a t-shirt that said "Only Child" crossed out with "Big Brother" underneath. We gave him that along with a little homemade card I created with a picture of the most recent ultrasound we've had and a note for him. I think he is looking forward to having a sibling, but being as old as he is, he's also already thinking about crying babies, schedule disruptions, and smelly diapers! He likes to think things through too much. :) He will be a wonderful big brother and I cannot wait for the day he and his sibling will get to meet...

I'm counting down until we get to find out if we're expecting a girl or a boy and look forward to all the things that come with being further along in pregnancy - feeling more movement, planning a baby shower, setting up a nursery, not just looking fat anymore, feeling less anxious about how the pregnancy is going (I hope)... I have a lot more anxiety this time for the health of the baby than I did with my surrogacy pregnancies. With the surrogacies I worried about taking the best care of myself and the babies that I could, and that was my only focus. This time I think about this little person's toes, and lips, and fingers and wonder if they're healthy, and if they're doing ok, and wonder what color hair they will have...

I have had bleeding off and on throughout this pregnancy, with the first big bleed at 6 weeks, followed by a couple bouts of old blood then nothing for weeks, but I woke up to more just a few days ago. I'm so ready for that to be DONE with. It causes a lot of worry and I know there's nothing I can do except try to take it easy and stay hydrated. Thankfully I have my doppler and I can check in to make sure baby's heartbeat is nice and strong still. I try not to use it too often, but would use it every day if I didn't think that was being completely obsessive!

Here is the ultrasound we had at just over 8 weeks:
3/19/13 13w2d
So many changes and happenings in our life this year, and I am amazed and blessed that one of those includes a new little life... I can only imagine how much this change will bring to our family!

Comments

  1. Congrats again Beka!!! Sooo happy for your family!! Can't wait to meet your sweet little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news. I'm so excited to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blessing for your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all the congrats and positive thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that is so wonderful ... very happy for you. Wish you a long and glorious pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so far behind since our boys were born but I just wanted to let you know how incredibly happy I am for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Carrie - thank you for popping in and I hope you and your family are enjoying those sweet boys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts