Kara's Summer Pasta Salad
I was looking for something to fix for lunch today that didn't require me cooking up a whole chicken or pork roast, which are pretty much what I had thawed in the refrigerator! I was on AllRecipes, and searching for something with canned chicken - I was thinking of making some sort of chicken salad. Then I saw some pasta salad recipes and this one looked great, and easily adjusted to personal tastes and preferences. I omitted the green onions called for in the original recipe and also didn't use the called for eggs or sunflower seeds. Kenneth doesn't like eggs and although I think the sunflower seeds would be great in this I didn't have any in the pantry. I added some garlic powder and chopped celery and really enjoyed the way this one came out! Made a great lunch dish.
|Ingredients ready to go.|
|Adding mayo and seasoning in the bottom of the bowl.|
|Mixed together the mayo and seasonings, pasta, chicken, celery, and cheese.|
|Steaming the edamame.|
|Adding edamame to pasta mixture.|
|Final dish, ready to chill and enjoy!|
Kara's Summer Salad (slightly modified) by Karebear98 on AllRecipes.com
1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
8 ounces shelled edamame, or more to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise, or more if needed
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (12 ounce) can premium canned chicken, drained and minced
3 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels, or to taste (optional)
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again. When pasta is rinsed add to bowl with mayonnaise mixture.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper together.
- Add more lightly salted water to the pot and bring it to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 5-10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain and add to bowl.
- Toss macaroni, edamame, celery, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Rebekah! I feel honored you put this on your blog! I found it on google when i searched to see if anyone had tried it.This is the first ever recipe I submitted to allrecipes.com. I am glad you liked it and so happy you found mods that you enjoyed.ReplyDelete
That is so cool that you found it via searching! :D Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment - and thank you for sharing the recipe!ReplyDelete