No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars for #OurFamilyTable

Welcome to #OurFamilyTable! We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! Come find us on our Pinterest board. Are you a blogger who's interested in joining the fun? Visit our group page and request to join!

This week we're sharing easy chocolate recipes! Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "Bark, cupcakes, truffles, fudge.  If it's easy and made with chocolate, SHARE IT!"

Easy Chocolate Recipes



This recipe doesn't get any easier, and it's SO tasty! They are lightly sweet with a hint of honey, rich with chocolate and peanut butter, and crammed full of tasty ingredients mixed into the oats and crispy cereal. I would add even more "mix-ins" next time - I really liked the addition of the sliced almonds for a little crunch!


No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Ingredients
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups quick oats
1 cup crisp rice cereal
2 TBS chocolate chips
2 TBS peanut butter chips
2 TBS sliced almonds

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey, melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, and then stir together with a spatula until well combined and easy to mix.
  2. Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir gently to combine.
  3. Add in the oats, and stir to coat, then gently stir in the rice cereal until also coated.
  4. Lastly, stir in the remaining add-ins: chocolate and peanut butter chips, and sliced almonds.
  5. Spread mixture in a 9x13 baking dish (spray with nonstick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper first), or into a bar pan (I used my pampered chef pan, and had a little extra that wouldn't fit that I spread into a small tupperware).
  6. Chill at least 3 hours before removing from the pan and cutting into bars (if using the baking pan).
  7. Store in a tupperware in the refrigerator - bars will be soft.
Adapted from Live Well Bake Often

** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **

Comments

  1. I'm really jealous of your little silicone "pan!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute?! I can't wait to make more bars so I can justify buying it! LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to a PC party in awhile and now I need to go to get that snack bar pan. So cute! In the meantime I will make these in my 9x13 for a healthy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and are perfect for summer! I can't turn on the oven because of this heat! Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would just love these for a quick snack. They are both big chocolate fans and would be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your pan! Must find one... Really like the addition of rice cereal to your bars too, I am definitely trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look really good. So often homemade granola bars taste like cardboard. With all the wonderful ingredients I'm sure these are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts