Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats


Here is my confession - this is the very first time I have ever made overnight oats!! I have been eyeballing these recipes for many years now, but just never gotten around to giving one a go. I think we tend to prefer our oatmeal hot and creamy in the mornings. But I absolutely love the convenience of mixing up ingredients the night before and having breakfast ready to go when you wake up. This is especially convenient for work days - I can definitely see prepping these to take with me on work days to the office.


If you haven't experienced powdered peanut butter yet - this stuff is miraculous. I've been using it in protein shakes for years (SO good with peanut butter and chocolate!) and it works perfectly in recipes like this one! Adds amazing flavor without affecting the texture of your recipe! My sister looked sideways at me when I mentioned this had powdered peanut butter in it - apparently she is on the "haven't had that yet" side of the fence!

I think a warmed drizzle of peanut butter would be another really nice touch with these oats when ready to serve!


Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled, old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
1 1/2 Tablespoon powdered peanut butter
1/2 cup banana, mashed (more for serving if desired)
1/2 cup vanilla almond or oat milk

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a small sealable container or mason jar, stir to combine and refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.
  2. When ready to serve, stir and top with some fresh banana slices if desired!


Recipe from Food Faith Fitness

Comments

Popular Posts