Menu Plan, Week of August 4, 2014

One of the things Kenneth and I have talked about trying to get better at (again) is meal planning. Since he's still home most days, it makes sense to have a list of dinners to provide to him in advance so he can make sure the right ingredients are thawed / available and get things prepped before I get home. I usually get home around 5:30pm which is generally plenty of time for me to help with dinner, however I am almost inevitably in full on baby care taker mode in the evenings. Lindsey generally goes to bed between 7:00 - 8:00 pm and before bed time there is dinner, entertainment, bath time, entertainment, diaper and pajamas, entertainment, book time, night time bottle, rocking, and eventually sleep. So - I usually have a little bit of "free" time in there, but not a whole lot. I try to spend as much of those short hours I have with her in the evenings WITH her. Sometimes, she hangs out in her high chair or walker in the kitchen with me while I work, but it is a huge help when Kenneth is able to help coordinate dinner and get things going.

So, for this week our menu includes the following:

Monday
Spaghetti and MeatballsGarlic Cheesy Bread, Caesar Salad

Tuesday
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta

Wednesday
Baked Salsa Chicken, Rice and Beans

Thursday
Tacos, (leftover) Rice and Beans

Thursday
Chicken Parmesan Pot Pie

Friday
Chicken Pad Thai

Saturday
Bacon Burgers, homemade French Fries, carrot and celery sticks

Sunday
LEFTOVERS



Comments

Popular Posts