Toad in the Hole Bacon Breakfast Sandwich for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
A Day in the Life on the Farm: Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Cook the bacon to your preferred level of crispiness in a large nonstick skillet. Pour off all excess grease, but do not wipe clean.
- Use a glass or biscuit cutter to cut out a circle in one slice of bread. Butter the bread and place it, butter side down, in the skillet. Give it a couple minutes to brown, and then flip it.
- Crack the egg and pour it into the center of the bread. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Butter the other slice of bread, and add it to the skillet butter side down. Place the bacon, and cover with cheese atop this piece.
- Cover the skillet with a lid to help the egg cook through and set, and to melt the cheese. Adjust the temperature as needed so the bread does not burn.
- If the egg doesn't fully cook through, or you want it a little more "done" on top, flip it gently to finish cooking.
- When cheese is melted and egg is set, slide the bread with the bacon and cheese out, and place the toad in the hole slice on top.
- Slice in half, if desired, and enjoy!