Heart Shaped Pizza Pocket #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 1 TBS yeast, 1 TBS sugar, and 2/3 cup warm water. Whisk to blend and set aside about 8 minutes, or until yeast is frothy and activated. Add in the flour and salt, and affix the dough hook. Mix on medium high speed until dough ball forms (add additional water as necessary until the dough ball fully forms). Knead on medium speed about 3-5 minutes, then set aside covered in a tea towel to rest about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Remove dough from bowl, and split into 4 pieces (this will make 2 large pockets, feel free to split the dough into 8 pieces for smaller pockets.
- Shape each piece into a fairly evenly shaped heart. Lay the "bottom" hearts onto a baking sheet. Divide the pizza sauce over the bottom dough pieces, trying to avoid touching the very edge if possible. Divide the cheese amongst the dough and add your favorite pizza toppings over the cheese. Top with a second heart and carefully roll / crimp the edges all the way around to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and baked through. Serve with a side of marinara to dip in if desired!