Creamy Lemon Garlic Mushroom Pasta #potluckparty
Welcome to Potluck Party #1 (January 2022)
Come see what all my fellow blogging friends are bringing to the party today (anything goes)!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet and sauté mushrooms over medium heat, adjusting heat as necessary to sauté until golden brown, tender, and they have released their moisture. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Add in the garlic and saute another minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer for a couple minutes, until slightly thickened. Add in the lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine. Stir in the parmesan cheese until combined and melted in. Taste, adjust salt and pepper to your preference.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss in the sauce. Add in some of the reserved pasta water if needed, a little at a time, to thin the sauce so that it coats and sticks to the pasta without being too thick or sticky. It should be a nice creamy consistency.
- Serve pasta with a sprinkling of minced parsley (fresh or dried) and an additional sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, if desired.