Shrimp Cakes #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Tiger Salad
- Making Miracles: Shrimp Cakes
- Palatable Pastime: San Choy Bow
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Chow Steak Kow (Steak Stir Fry)
- Food Lust People Love: Butter Prawns
- Mayuri’s Jikoni: Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Sneha’s Recipe: Pork Chilli With Peppers
- Sizzling Tastebuds: Instant Pot Asian Style Veg Noodles
- Smash and mince the shrimp (don't mince too finely, you'll want some slightly larger pieces for texture).
- Peel and dice the carrot lengthwise, bring a small pot of water to a boil and par-boil the carrots about 2-3 minutes until just barely tender. Allow to cool enough to handle, and then mince the carrot.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the minced shrimp, carrot, minced water chestnuts, minced cilantro, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch and egg white. With the flat paddle attached, set speed to medium and blend for about 5 minutes until mixture really comes together and forms a sticky paste.
- Heat about 1-2 TBS oil in a large nonstick skillet. Form small flat patties with lightly oiled spoons or hands and fry in small batches (don't over crowd the pan). Cook about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Repeat until all of the shrimp mixture has been used.
- Serve warm or room temperature as an appetizer with some sweet Thai chili sauce to dip them in, if desired.