#BundtBakers ~ Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake
Welcome to the November reveal day for Bundt Bakers! This month Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook invited us to bake up a "Bundt with pears" - and any pear would do! Dried, liqueur, fresh, puree - the options were pretty much endless.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
|Lindsey was showing me that the cake was a "heart" shape with her hands. :)
I couldn't get over the texture of this cake. It is marvelously soft and tender, but still holds together well. The chunks of soft pear interspersed within the batter truly "make" this cake. It is a beautiful combination, and I will absolutely revisit this cake in the not so distant future! In fact, maybe tonight. I still have that remaining cup of pumpkin puree and a couple pears left from the original cake... hmmm....
Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Almond Pear Bread Pudding from Food Lust People Love
- Bundt Cake de Pera y Almendras from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Fresh Pear Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze from The Queen of Scones
- Honey and Walnut Pear Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- London Fog & Pear Bundt Cake from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Orange Pear Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Pear and Date Bundt Cake with Caramel Mascarpone Sauce from kidsandchic
- Pear and Hazelnut Bundt from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Pear and Port Bundt Cake from Palatable Pasttime
- "Pear"fect Rum Raisin Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pear Pecan Coffee Bundt Cake from Patty's Cake
- Pear Spiced Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Pear Streusel Crunch Cake from Noshing with the Nolands
- Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Roasted Pear & Walnut Spice Cake Bundt from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Salted Caramel Pear Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Spiced Pear Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
½ vegetable oil
1 ½ cups pears, diced
- Lightly grease a large bundt cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine: flour, baking soda, baking powder nutmeg, and allspice. In a separate medium bowl blend together the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, buttermilk, and oil.
- Pour wet mixture over flour mixture stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the diced pears.
- Pour cake mixture into bundt pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clear. Allow to cool in pan for about 20 - 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle, gently invert onto a cooling rack and allow to finish cooling.
|"Mom, you take my picture please?"