#BundtBakers ~ Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake


Welcome to the November reveal day for Bundt Bakers! This month Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook invited us to bake up a "Bundt with pears" - and any pear would do! Dried, liqueur, fresh, puree - the options were pretty much endless.

 BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.

Lindsey was showing me that the cake was a "heart" shape with her hands. :)
This recipe was really, really fantastic. It is probably one of the few times I can say this - but these didn't even last 24 hours in my house! I made it in the morning, and we all had a piece in the morning - because it's really just FRUIT!! And then I sent a wedge to a friend's house that evening, then my boyfriend came over that evening, had a piece, and took the last of it home. I will call that a cake success any day.


I couldn't get over the texture of this cake. It is marvelously soft and tender, but still holds together well. The chunks of soft pear interspersed within the batter truly "make" this cake. It is a beautiful combination, and I will absolutely revisit this cake in the not so distant future! In fact, maybe tonight. I still have that remaining cup of pumpkin puree and a couple pears left from the original cake... hmmm....

 

Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:

Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake from Adore Foods

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
½ vegetable oil
1 ½ cups pears, diced

Directions
  1. Lightly grease a large bundt cake pan.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F.
  3. In a large bowl combine: flour, baking soda, baking powder nutmeg, and allspice. In a separate medium bowl blend together the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, buttermilk, and oil.
  4. Pour wet mixture over flour mixture stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the diced pears.
  5. Pour cake mixture into bundt pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clear. Allow to cool in pan for about 20 - 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle, gently invert onto a cooling rack and allow to finish cooling.
"Mom, you take my picture please?"

Comments

  1. Great pan and I love those big chunks of pear in that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty to look at but tastier in my tummy. Your cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful heart shaped bundt and I love that you used pumpkin with the pear, great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this sounds like heaven! Well done, and gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pan too!And pear with pumpkin sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful in the heart shape! And must be really delicious the combo of pumpkin and pears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your cake was a hit! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm!! What a great combination: pumpkin and pear. I have never tried but I have to do it. It sounds delicious!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, such a cute little helper you have there. Your cake looks amazing too. Everyone has come up with such creative ideas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pear and pumpkin...yes, yes, yes! Sounds lovely! I think I can understand why it disappeared so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts