#BundtBakers ~ Breakfast Bundt Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page. Padmajha (PJ) of Seduce Your Tastebuds is our host this month, and selected "savory" as our theme.
This bundt cake is a fantastic base that you could do a LOT of different ingredient add-ins with to change up the flavor. I found the base flavor a little on the bland side, and would try adding in some cheese with stronger flavor, some black pepper, or maybe a few dashes of tabasco, etc. My sister and I were thinking up lots of different flavor combinations like spinach, mushroom, bacon, and Swiss cheese, etc. Lots of options! The texture was fairly dense, definitely bread like, and filling
See all the tasty savory bundts shared today!
- Bacon, Cheddar Bundt by The Queen of Scones
- Blue Cheese and Pear Mini Bundts by Patty's Cake
- Breakfast Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Bundt Cake de queso y olivada by Los Chatos Chefs
- Cheese Bundt by Basic N Delicious
- Dukkah, Herb & Cheese Monkey Bread by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Grilled Cheese Bundt by Jane's Adventure in Dinner
- Ham, Carrot & Beer Bundtlettes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Indian Style Savory Breakfast Bundt by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Mexican Breakfast Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Meatloaf Bundts and Sliders by Magnolia Days
- Rosemary, Olive Oil & Polenta Bundt by The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Sausage and Apple Bundt by The Freshman Cook
- Savory Zucchini Cheesecake by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Honey Drenched Jalapeño Cornbread by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Stromboli Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- "Tastes Like Pizza" Bundt by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Breakfast Bundt Cake from Good Deal Meals
1 pound bacon
1 dozen eggs
1/2 pound grated sharp cheddar cheese (or Pepperjack, Swiss, etc.)
2 cups flour
1 medium onion, diced small
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly brown bacon and remove from pan, setting on paper towels to drain; leave bacon grease in pan. Cook diced onions for about 10 minutes in bacon grease over medium heat, or until slightly tender.
- When bacon has cooled enough to handle, rough chop and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, then add all the other ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased or sprayed bundt cake pan. Bake in 350 oven for 50 - 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then turn over on a platter. Slice and serve. Can be eaten at room temperature or warmed.