Mushroom-Sausage Ragu


This is a simple and delicious meal that we enjoyed not long ago and I have been looking forward to making again ever since! The flavors come together very nicely and it makes a light sauce to coat the pasta (or rice, whatever you choose as the base).

Season to taste and enjoy this fresh, easy, and tasty dinner any night of the week! Serve with some garlicky cheesy bread or a crisp salad on the side if desired.


I haven't posted much about "life" lately - so I'll take a minute to do so on this blog post. My BABY BOY will be starting 11th grade next week. I mean seriously, where in the world has the time gone?! He is growing into such a fine young man and I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am of him and how much I love him. He is the bestest. I'm so grateful to have him in my life, and to have the privilege of being his mother and watch him grow. He is quirky, weird, silly, crazy, obnoxious, smart, goofy, silly, serious, giver of wonderful back massages, critiquer and appreciator of all my kitchen adventures, and a fantastic listener and friend too.

My younger sister moved from Washington state to live with us in Georgia almost 3 weeks ago now and we've been settling into our new routine and adjustments at home. It's been awesome for Kent to have her there during the day while he's still on summer break. He's even convinced her to play some video games and Pokémon card matches with him... she is a brave, brave woman.

My baby girl is turning T.W.O. years old next month... ACK!! She is such a light in my life - and oh my does she make the time fly by in a blur. I love my time with her, but it seems like I blink and my entire weekend is gone. It's all bundled up in feeding Lindsey, keeping Lindsey from killing herself, entertaining Lindsey, singing with Lindsey, napping when she naps (still - yes, I have been exhausted lately), cooking with lots of toddler interruptions, cleaning with lots of toddler interruptions, making sure she gets some outside time, more singing and dancing, laundry... that is life and I love every busy, crazy minute of it - it just feels like it passes by so, so quickly. I cannot believe my sweet punkin head is going to be a whole 'nother year older in a matter of weeks...

Each day I try my best to appreciate the minutes and moments with my kids, and my sister. Appreciate the time I get to cook and create, even appreciate the little messes everywhere that seem to be a never ending task. We've been working on getting a few more things done around the house too. We've been here almost a full year now and there were some spaces that have been ignored. With my sister moving in we really had to go through and purge that guest room that had become the catch all, so thankfully the majority of that is done. There's a few odds and ends left in her closet, but for the most part it looks like her room!

My sister and I tackled the garage clean up too which was a mess. We've gotten most everything back in it's place and have a large "get rid" of pile. I'd hoped to take some of that to Goodwill this past weekend, but somehow the weekend was over before I realized it. There's still more work to do in there, more work to do in the dining room, a few things to do in the kitchen (mostly getting better organized in some of the cabinets so things aren't falling every time pots and pans are pulled out), and some clean up and organization left to be done in the living room... progress not perfection!


Mushroom-Sausage Ragu from Lynsey Lous

Ingredients
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
2 TBS butter
1/2 pound ground sausage
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small onion, diced finely
2 tsp Italian seasoning (more to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional) (I like Gourmet Garden's lightly dried Parsley)
16-oz uncooked pasta, prepared per package directions (or rice, polenta, etc.)

Directions
  1. Place a large skillet over medium heat and cook sausage, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until mostly cooked through (drain off excess grease from sausage, once cooked, if desired). Add the butter along with mushrooms and onions. Allow to cook until tender, and onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 - 10 minutes. 
  2. Once the vegetables are almost cooked through add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
  3. Add the diced tomatoes and season mixture with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until mixture has thickened slightly. 
  4. To serve spoon ragu over prepared pasta and sprinkle with fresh parsley.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts