#BrunchWeek ~ Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins
Welcome to the third annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We are so excited to have you join us this year! Celebrate Brunch with us this week as we prepare for Mother's Day. 30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads - there is something for everyone!
Find the Brunch Week giveaway details here! TONS of fantastic prizes to win!
These muffins are absolutely amazing. I adore all things coffee cake - sweet, cinnamony, crumbly topping, and the perfect lightly dense and moist cake make these coffee cake muffins keepers in my book. I was very curious what these would end up like when I made the batter. The batter was barely enough to cover the bottoms of all 12 muffin openings, but then I made the "topping" - mine came together almost like cookie dough, so I took walnut sized balls and flattened them out like little sugar cookie toppers and placed a round on top of each muffin batter base. That's why most of mine have a smoother appearance to the top instead of a more traditional crumb topping appearance. You can do it either way - I just found the topping was easy to work with that way.
I hope you give these delightful muffin treats a try - they are the PERFECT addition to any brunch gathering!
Join us for Brunch today with these recipes from the #BrunchWeek Bloggers!
Grape Mojito from The Spiffy Cookie.
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Caramelized Onion, Kale, Bacon and Cheddar Strata from Love and Confections.
Kale and Toasted Quinoa Egg White Scramble from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
Breakfast Enchiladas from Cooking in Stilettos
Croque Madame Breakfast Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon.
Rainbow Chard and Cheddar Cheese Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Perfect French Toast from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine.
Oat Breakfast Cookies from Pink Cake Plate.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes with Spiced Pear Syrup from The Redhead Baker.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins from Making Miracles.
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Bacci Bread and Pear Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pear Coffee Cake and Fruit and Cheese Salad from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Waldorf Quinoa Chicken Salad from Cupcake and Kale Chips.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Chilled Strawberry Soup from The Suburban Soapbox
Orange Blossom Olive Oil Cake with Mango Citrus Glaze from Taste Cook Sip.
Walnut Meringue Banana Mess from Jane's Adventures in Dinner.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins adapted from Sugar Apron
6 TBS softened butter
1 egg yolk
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste
5 TBS sour cream
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon Crumb Topping:
2/3 cup sugar
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine softened butter with the egg, egg yolk, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring together just until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Evenly divide the batter between 12 muffin cups (will be a fairly small amount of batter per cup).
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, and flour. Blend in the melted butter until it combines.
- Fluff with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Distribute the topping over batter in the muffin tins (it will be a lot of topping).
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm, room temp, or store for up to 2 days in in airtight container.
Linked to Weekend Potluck!