#SecretRecipeClub ~ Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Welcome to the May, Group D, reveal day for Secret Recipe Club! I hope you will take a moment to visit the Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of bloggers who are given a "secret" assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day! I have been a part of SRC for over two years now and LOVE the opportunity to get to know another blogger a little better each month by spending time browsing their blog, reading through their recipes and posts, and finding something perfect for my family from what they've shared.
For the month of May I was assigned to Fearless Homemaker - I have been a big fan of Amy's blog for quite awhile now so I was excited to get to feature a recipe from her blog this month! Amy's adorable Fearless Toddler is just a few months older than my baby girl Lindsey so I always watch for the posts with updates and pictures of her cutie pie (especially dishes her little one liked)! When I was browsing through Amy's recipes I came across her March 2013 #SRC post when she featured some delicious Parmesan Rosemary Focaccia Bread from my blog! Just over two years later, and I get a chance to feature something from hers! :)
Some of the yummy recipes I drooled my way through while trying to choose what to make for today: Chicken Florentine, Simple Beef and Broccoli, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars, Veggie Packed Macaroni and Cheese, Asian Sesame Beef Skewers, Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies, Cherry Pinwheel Danish, Spicy Peanut and Sesame Noodles, Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, Delicious Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Quadruple Chocolate Loaf Cake, Honey Oat Cinnamon Muffins, Glazed Lemon Pound Cake, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Andes Mint Chip Cookies, Homemade Cheez Its, Pasta e Fagioli, Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts, Bacon Fried Rice.. Yes please!! My stomach is grumbling just reading over this list!
As you can see, I went with the lemon pound cake. My son has been asking for lemon poppyseed bread for awhile now, and I considered throwing some poppyseeds in for him, but decided to stick to the recipe. I had a little trouble with my cakes sticking to my silicone loaf pans - I used Baker's Joy spray and apparently didn't coat it heavily enough. However, these still came out beautiful and absolutely DELICIOUS! Super moist and tender, and that bright, tart glaze is perfection. What a perfect summery treat to enjoy with some lemonade or iced tea!
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake from Fearless Homemaker
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing the pan
3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned + leveled), plus more for pan
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 large eggs
2 cups confectioners sugar
3 - 4 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, with rack placed in the lowest position. Generously grease and flour two 4 1/2-by-8-inch (6-cup) loaf pans, or one 12-cup Bundt pan (see Cook’s Note below).
- In a small bowl (or liquid measuring cup), combine the buttermilk with lemon zest and lemon juice. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three parts alternately with the buttermilk mixture in two, beginning and ending with flour; beat just until smooth (do not over mix).
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans; smooth tops. bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 50-60 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Cool 15 minutes in pan before turning out cakes onto a rack; cool completely before glazing.
- While cake(s) are cooling, make the glaze: place confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice (glaze should be thick, yet pourable). Add more sugar or lemon juice, as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- When cakes are still slightly warm, place them over a sheet of foil, or on a foil lined baking sheet, and drizzle evenly with the glaze. Allow glaze to set for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Cook’s Note: the batter can also be baked in a 12-cup buttered and floured nonstick Bundt pan; the cooking and cooling times are the same.
Happy Reveal Day and Happy Memorial Day~ I can just imaging how delicious this pound cake was! It would be a great "cake" for strawberry shortcake~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 TangerinesReplyDelete
That looks incredible Rebekah! I want a piece of that right now.ReplyDelete
This cake sounds super yummy, I adore anything with lemon and the glaze takes it over the top.... amazing!ReplyDelete
This sounds so refreshing with that lemon flavor. Excellent choice this month :)ReplyDelete
Mmmmmmm......LEMON cake, that is my kinda bake! What a fab seasonal recipe for SRC too! KarenReplyDelete
Oh, I'm so thrilled you chose this recipe - I love this lemon cake, especially in the spring/summer. =) And thank you so much for all your kind words about my blog -- you ROCK!ReplyDelete
I love pound cake and after making a lemon-flavored cake for Nick's birthday, I am craving lemon everything! Happy reveal day :)ReplyDelete
YUM Rebekah....great choice!ReplyDelete
Two of my favourite things in life - pound cake (reminds me of my childhood and was my Grandad's favourite) and lemon cake. Put the two together and I am in heaven - great pick - only wish I could sit down and join you in a slice or four :-)ReplyDelete
This loaf looks absolutely amazing. I love lemon everything! Great SRC pick and hope you had a great Memorial Day.ReplyDelete
These look delicious. Glazed bread always makes me weak in the knees. Great pick!ReplyDelete
looks like a great challenge, how can I join?ReplyDelete
This looks so good! It reminds me of a similar quick bread I made years ago by a friend of mine named Lennie Locken. I am well known for loving lemon breads and eventually try them all. I bet I will be back for this one. Great choice for reveal day!ReplyDelete
I love anything lemon. This cake dripping with that delicious glaze has my mouth watering.ReplyDelete
There is something so perfect about pound cake isn't there?! Great choice this month :)ReplyDelete
Beautiful pound cake - love that it's lemon.ReplyDelete