Our Pregnancy: 33 Weeks

7/30/13 - Today we are 32w2d and I am counting down the remaining 5 hours in the day until I head out to meet Kent at the airport! I can't believe his 10 day trip is OVER already and he'll be home in no time! I can't wait to see him... though the fact that school starts in 2 days is freaking me out - we have to get all of his shopping and finish his registration process in that amount of time... not sure how that will all work out, but I'm not going to stress out about it. I have my ultrasound appointment tomorrow afternoon so I can't take him then, so not sure how that's going to work unless the counselor can meet us in the evening. I have to call her today at noon to try to figure out a game plan. He may just not get a schedule until his first day. I've had to do that before when I switched schools. He'll have to roll with it, and I will too! I am pretty sure we have most of what he needs for first day "stuff" but we'll probably have to squeeze in some shopping tonight or tomorrow evening as well to make sure he's all set. I will not be scheduling any cross-country trips for him so close to the first day of school next year, that's for sure!!

I have been having a lot more Braxton hicks, and some real contractions too the past few days. I don't like it AT ALL. Last night I had a lot when I first got home, to the point where I told Kenneth if they didn't stop in the next 30 minutes, or really slow down, I was heading to the ER. I am not playing around with contractions this early in the game... They make me nervous. I kept my feet up and drank water and they did taper off but my anxiety levels were definitely a little high last night. I am only 1 week shy of when I delivered the twins in my last pregnancy, and I know I'm a little more anxious to get through the next couple weeks uneventfully than I would be otherwise.

Next Sunday is the baby shower my dad is throwing for us, and it will be interesting to see how that works with Skype! I am looking forward to knowing what we still need to get for the nursery at that point and hopefully finishing things up. I'm pretty sure we're just going to need to buy a crib and our carseat / stroller combo and maybe some bottles. I think we should have pretty much everything else we will need immediately... The nursery is still a mess. I'm waiting on about 4 more packages of clothes to arrive so I can wash them, sort them and then get everything put away. All of the larger sized boxes of clothes are labeled, and just need to be closed up and probably put in the attic for now. We still need to put the frame of the bed that came with the nursery furniture set away somewhere in the basement too, and we haven't installed the hardware for the dowel rod that will go in the armoire. Those are really the last "big" things that need to be done in there. Everything else is just little stuff - putting away odds and ends, washing things, cleaning some toys we were given, etc. I picked up a few of the "little" things the other day at the store - like baby powder and travel sized items for the diaper bag, etc. I know we're in good shape for where we are in the pregnancy, I'm just ready to be "done" with it so I don't have to think about it, and it will just be there for when it's time to use it! :)

7/31/13 - 32w3d. I have still had a few contractions between last night and this morning that weren't particularly pleasant. Not many of them were low, as some have been, and are usually just upper abdominal tightening which doesn't bother me as much as the low ones. I still have flashbacks to when labor started with the twins and I had strong menstrual like cramps which I had never experienced before in labor - so I know things can and do change pregnancy to pregnancy and it's hard to not worry when I'm feeling things that don't feel quite "right". In just another hour I'll be getting ready to head out of the office for the day and head to my ultrasound appointment. I'm not sure if I'm more excited or nervous. Definitely a combination of both. I'm ready to see how Lindsey is growing and make sure things look ok. I am anxious to hear what her estimated size is and percentile, and find out what the game plan will be for the next check up. I have my next OB appointment on Friday and am not sure who all will be involved in deciding the care plan going forward - they are all Emory OBs, but it has seemed like (so far) that the one's at Midtown where they do the ultrasounds are somewhat removed from the care I receive at the main campus location. Not in a bad way, I'm just not sure who is the "lead" on making the plan for care - especially since I have yet to see the same OB more than once (again, not a bad thing, but it's not just one person following me at this point).

I got another load of baby clothes washed, dried and put away last night. I'm going to pick up a few rubbermaids and try to get the larger sizes boxed up and ready to go up to the attic by this weekend. I think I have to stop and do some shopping on the way home anyway for Kent's school supplies (he really just needs a binder, but we'll see if there's anything else he wants to get for the first day). I finally got ahold of his school counselor and he and Kenneth will fill out all the paperwork tomorrow morning at 8:00am, and he should be able to go straight into classes after that which will be good. I talked to Kent just a little while ago; he sounds as ready as he can be! I'm really hoping he bumps into some friends from middle school to ease the transition a little.

8:30pm - just had to add an update from our ultrasound today. I am so happy to report little Miss is doing great at the moment! She's measuring in the 54th percentile, about 1 week ahead of her EDD. Her estimated weight is 4 lbs 9 oz which is fantastic. The tech took a quick look and said my cervix looks fine as well, still long and closed which was reassuring since the onset of more contractions and pressure has had me a little worried. They said we won't need any more growth checks since everything looked so good today. I wish they would have one scheduled for another 4 weeks or so from now, but that's ok - as long as my belly is measuring well and she's moving like she should then I'll try to just trust things are going well. I am still going to ask again about the 39 week induction because of the 2 vessel cord. I'm hoping she decides to come on her own a little before that so I don't have to worry about it, but we'll just have to be patient and see how it goes over the next 6 or so weeks!!

8/2/13 32w5d - Getting closer and closer to our Sunday roll over! I'm excited to be closer and closer to the safety zone of 37 weeks - only 4 weeks away at this point which doesn't seem long at all!! Baby girl is moving around this morning every now and then and letting me know she's awake. I always wonder what they must be thinking about throughout the day - what noises they hear, what they think about them, how they process and interpret it all through the filter of my belly, and their cozy cocoon... I could be seeing those tiny toes and fingers in person within the next month... that absolutely blows my mind... after all these years of thinking about whether or not to have another child, carrying for 3 other families, and raising a now teenager... and here is one more tiny miracle, this time intended for us to love, care for, treasure, and raise... progress in the nursery is sort of stalled at the moment, but I think I might go ahead and open up the pack n play and the bouncer, and get those boxes out of the closet and maybe see if I can put a Rubbermaid of the 3-6 month sized clothes in there since we'll need those in a relatively short amount of time. Just about everything else (clothes wise) is ready to go up to the attic for the larger sizes - though I'm still waiting on a couple orders I placed 2 + weeks ago. I'm really hoping they get here soon so I can get them washed and added to the other stacks so I can be done with clothes and boxes all over the place! :) According to tracking, one of my boxes is in AR and one in CA as of yesterday - we'll see where they are by the end of today.

All of baby's movement is up in the high right side of my abdomen, right under my ribs. I think she must be at a little bit of an angle with her butt and feet right up in that corner. Every now and then I'll get a sharp kick that's not very comfy and feel like I have to stretch myself out as much as possible to give her some more wiggle room! My belly feels really full and tight today... I am anxious to see how I'll feel in another 4 weeks from now with another 2 pounds of weight on her!!

I've been looking at photos of labor and delivery, and am hoping to convince Kent to be our photographer for the day of. I know Kenneth won't feel comfortable with us bringing in someone else that he doesn't know to photograph labor and delivery, and Kent actually takes some pretty good pictures, so we'll see if he decides he's game. Maybe if I offer to pay him a little something he'll go for it. :)

I mentioned wanting to get my hospital bag together yesterday to Kent and he seemed a little concerned that it was too early for that - but I told him I'd rather it sit there for 2 months and not need it, then have a "surprise" early and not be ready!

According to Baby Center:

How your baby's growing
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (about the size of a pineapple). He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Comments

Popular Posts