Meal Planning, Week of 4/29/13

It's another week of new goodies to try - as I've been browsing new blog posts throughout the week I find so many dishes that look wonderful, and definitely look like something my family and I would enjoy, and I always save the web links in my AllRecipes recipe box and then browse back through what I've saved over the past week when it's time to create the next week's menu!

I'm really looking forward to all these great looking meals this week, and so my hubby won't get burned out on all new things, I threw in one of his favorites for Friday. :)

MONDAY
Breakfast: Quaker instant oatmeal, 1 blueberry muffin, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 cup 1% milk.
Lunch: Whole-wheat pita with turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and avocado; yogurt, V-8 juice, carrot sticks
Snack: An orange; 15 animal crackers

Dinner: Mexican Casserole served with garden salad and tortilla chips


TUESDAY
Breakfast: 2 cups cereal, 1 cup milk, fruit yogurt
Lunch: Chicken salad & vegetable sandwich on whole wheat; grapes
Snack: 1 cup fresh strawberries; 1 low-fat chocolate muffin

Dinner: Garlicky Baked Penne, Caesar Salad, Texas Toast


WEDNESDAY
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with slice of cheese on ½ bagel with cream cheese
Lunch: Chef Salad with romaine lettuce, roasted chicken, mozzarella cheese, hard-boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, and lite ranch salad dressing; 1 dinner roll, 1 cup 1% milk, 1 tangerine
Snack: 1 cup fresh strawberries; 1 low-fat chocolate muffin

Dinner: Crock Pot Applesauce Pork Chops, steamed vegetables


THURSDAY
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg with 1 oz cheddar cheese, 2 slices mixed-grain bread, half cup orange juice.
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich on whole-wheat bread with mayo, lettuce, and tomatoes; 1 cup cottage cheese with tangerines
Snack: 1 medium apple with 2 TBS peanut butter

Dinner: Creamy Bacon Pasta, Caesar Salad


FRIDAY
Breakfast: Small banana rolled in tortilla with 2 TBS peanut butter, 1 cup milk
Lunch: Half grilled chicken breast on salad (romaine, 1 TBS chickpeas, 1 cup grapes, 1 oz Swiss cheese, half cup cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, half cup croutons, and 2 TBS light salad dressing), dinner roll
Snack: Celery sticks with 2 TBS hummus, 1 cheese stick

Dinner: Sweet and Sour Meatballs, brown rice, green beans
 

Comments

  1. That baked pasta looks/sounds delicious!



    My menu for the week is posted HERE if you'd like to have a look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and the link to your site Amy - I will definitely stop by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts