Easy Egg Salad for Sandwiches

I looked through a bunch of recipes on AllRecipes.com for a simple egg salad recipe close to the one I've always used and didn't find one, so I'll just share my own! This is very basic, but is my favorite combination of flavors for an egg salad sandwich. Great way to use up leftover Easter Eggs, or anytime! I boiled these eggs specifically for this purpose since egg salad just sounded good for a sandwich. :)




Easy Egg Salad for Sandwiches

Ingredients
4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
3-4 TBS mayonnaise
2-3 tsp yellow mustard
scant 1/8 tsp black pepper
2 TBS pickle relish

Directions
Combine ingredients, taste test and add more seasonings or mayo/mustard as needed (I used the full 4 TBS of mayo and 3 tsp of mustard but this definitely gives it a fairly strong "mustard" flavor so adjust to your taste preferences). I used about 3/4 of the 1/8 tsp of black pepper but didn't feel the pepper flavor was overpowering. That's probably a good amount to start with and then adjust from there.

Sometimes I like some diced celery in there too, for crunch, or if you like regular or green onions those are always a good addition as well.

I like to serve this on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, and sliced pickles. Yumm!


Comments

Popular Posts