29 weeks!! OB Appt & Ultrasound Update

I can't believe I forgot to pop back in here and update after my two appointments last week!! OOPS!! (Can I blame it on prego brain?)

I had an OB appointment on Wednesday and had the lovely glucose tolerance test first (after weigh in, peeing in a cup, and blood pressure check). I felt pretty icky after that for a few hours. I have yet to get a phone call, so I'm assuming I passed! :)

Everything was fine with my b/p and weight gain. They sent me to a room and I waited a few minutes for the midwife, who had two apprentices with her. They found the baby's heartbeat; though it sure took a minute or two (I think she was REALLY bouncing off the walls after that glucose drink)! Her heartbeat sounded great. Then the midwife measured my belly and said it was just right, and then she was feeling around and declared the baby breech. It seemed like she stuck her hands down into my belly and grabbed hold of the baby's head to show the two girls with her what she was feeling! It felt pretty odd and uncomfortable to me!!

I had my blood draw at the 1 hour mark and then headed on home!

The next day was my 28 week ultrasound at the Maternal Fetal Diagnostic Center. The tech took lots of pictures of the baby's brain, located her kidneys, measured bones, etc. Then she switched to 3-D and tried to get a good head shot. I am so bummed she didn't actually print the photo, because the picture was ADORABLE but she wasn't happy with it because Miss Munchkin had her foot in her face! I thought it was priceless!! They did confirm that she was indeed breech.

I've been feeling lots of flipping sensations the last two days and am hoping that was her rotating herself around. I have another OB appointment on the 17th and then and ultrasound on the 30th.

Miss Munchkin weighed in around 2lbs 7oz this time, so a gain of 1llb 1oz in 4 weeks. They seemed happy with that - she's in about the 50th percentile. She was kicking at the u/s tech the whole time... she is so responsive to pressure!!

I keep looking at my calendar and just knowing May is going to FLY by!! This month is CRAZY busy!!

This is my schedule between home, work, and appointments:
5/10 - Lunch for a mid-year evaluation
5/11 - TGIF and lunch for a mid-year evaluation, bachelorette party for SIL from 8-10
5/12 - Dinner out for Mother's Day with DH's grandmother
5/13 - Lunch at our house for Mother's Day
5/15 - Day off for Field Day at son's school
5/17 - 3:00 OB appointment
5/18 - Day off for SIL's wedding preparation, rehearsal dinner (my son and I are both in the wedding)
5/19 - SIL's wedding
5/20 - KVN Familly Day at DH's Marine Corps unit
5/21 - Lunch for a mid-year evaluation
5/22 - Staff Meeting
5/23 - Admin Lunch Out/2nd Grade Honor's Day (which I will most likely miss out on)
5/24 - Lunch out for mid-year evaluation
5/25 - Day off for 2nd Grade End of Year Party (which I am organizing)
5/28 - MEMORIAL DAY... I am not moving
5/30 - 3:30 ultrasound

I have something almost every day this month... WOW!! Before I know it, it will be June and then it will really feel like its all wrapping up! Kenneth will be leaving in early June for a month and hopefully that will give me lots of quiet time to just reflect and enjoy the last part of the pregnancy. I think I am mentally ready! I'm excited, and just can't wait for delivery day, and finally seeing her with her parents!

Comments

Popular Posts