Spaghetti Grilled Cheese


Do you like repurposing leftovers as much as I do? I'm always looking in the refrigerator and seeing various odds and ends and my head starts working up new ways to incorporate them! When I can use up 3 or 4 different things at the same time, that's major bonus points!


I had stumbled across a Spaghetti Grilled Cheese recipe recently that was like rididculousness on a plate but oh it looked delicious! Then we happened to have spaghetti in the refrigerator - I had made a red sauce up to use up some leftovers, and then used some of that leftover spaghetti to create this amazing sandwich! I had baked up some delicious pretzel rolls recently and since those already had some garlic in the dough, I thought they'd make a great "holder" for the spaghetti! It worked so well together... still felt a little.. wrong? to eat spaghetti sandwiched in a roll, but delicious!! And I had a salad for lunch before eating this, soooo.... balance?


Spaghetti Grilled Cheese inspired by Oh Dip

Ingredients
1 pretzel roll
1/3 - 1/2 cup cooked, warmed leftover spaghetti
2 TBS shredded mozzarella
1 TBS grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat a griddler to medium-high / high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Slice a pretzel roll in half, and spread the warmed leftover spaghetti over the bottom half of the roll. Sprinkle the spaghetti with both cheeses and top with the top half of the roll. 
  3. Carefully place on the griddle, and set timer for about 4-5 minutes. Sandwich is ready when roll is golden brown, and cheese is well melted.


Comments

Popular Posts