Homemade Tartar Sauce


I have a confession. I like McDonald's Fish Fillet sandwiches!! It's a guilty pleasure for sure. And I have been wanting to try to make something similar at home to appease the occasional craving. So I recently bought some breaded fish fillets that you can bake, and had some soft buns, and all I needed was the tartar sauce. I thought making my own would be a great way to get some extra delicious flavor and boy was I right.

This tartar sauce is truly wonderful. So creamy, so many flavors the meld together into a smooth, delectable topping for fish. I can't wait to make more fish dishes to use this on!


Homemade Tartar Sauce adapted from Epicurious

Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tsp dried parsley
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a resealable container (I used a 2-cup tupperware) and stir to blend well. Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours to allow the flavors to meld before serving (24-48 hours is preferred).

Comments

Popular Posts