Garlic Herb Patty Pan and Yellow Squash


I received the gift of gorgeous produce from the person I buy eggs from a couple times each month. He had just harvested and had a ton of different types of squash, potatoes, etc. He sent me home with 3 types of squash, some atomic tomatoes, and something else I cannot remember the name of! I already had some zucchini in the fridge so I had to come up with some ideas to use some of this gorgeous produce before it sat in my fridge for too long!

Roasted vegetables are always a hit around here, and so flexible with flavor profiles. I decided to dice up the baby patty pan squash along with a couple yellow squash, toss with some herbs and olive oil and roast until tender. They came out delicious! The perfect summery side dish to any meal, and a great way to use up about 5 cups worth of tasty summer squash!


Garlic Herb Patty Pan and Yellow Squash 

Ingredients
5 cups trimmed and diced patty pan and yellow squash (combined)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 TBS olive oil

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Arrange diced squash on a large baking sheet, and sprinkle with the herbs / seasonings, and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to gently toss mixture until all squash is evenly coated.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes, until tender.

Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

Comments

Popular Posts