Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup for #HerbsAndSpicesDay

 
Today a group of the #FestiveFoodies is celebrating #HerbsandSpicesDay! We were paired up to swap spices and today we're sharing the recipes we made with our herbs and spices with you.

Look at all these tasty herby ideas!

  • My Favorite Sandwich: The Reuben by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
  • Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Herbs de Provence by A Day in the Life on the Farm
  • Chipotle Red Jalapeno and Cilantro Compound Butter by Our Good Life
  • Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Everything Seasoning by Blogghetti
  • Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by Making Miracles



  • Lisa from Blogghetti sent me Thai Basil to work with for today's event and I made the most simple and delicious soup! It made for a fantastic light lunch. A quick and flavorful broth, studded with deliciously tender vegetables. The Thai Basil adds just a touch of herbiness to complement the other ingredients. We will definitely make this one again. The original recipe called for sugar snap peas as well, which if I'd had, I certainly would have included - but the combination of the carrots and mushrooms works really well for this soup.

    I didn't blend my coconut milk well before adding to the soup, so it kind of separated during cooking, but that didn't affect the flavor at all. So, ignore my slightly chunky pictures and take my word for it - this is a delicious, light meal that I am happy to share!


    Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup adapted from Bon Appetite

    Ingredients
    2 TBS vegetable oil
    1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
    1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
    1 TBS ginger paste
    2 large carrots, peeled and diced
    1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
    1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts diced small
    3 14-oz cans of chicken broth
    1 14-ounce can coconut milk
    1 TBS fish sauce, more to taste
    1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
    2 tsp Thai basil (dried)

    Directions
    1. Heat oil in a large pot, and saute the scallions for a minute, then add in the garlic paste and minced garlic. Saute another minute. 
    2. Add in the sliced mushrooms and carrots. Saute another few minutes, stirring occasionally. 
    3. Add in the chicken and saute for another couple minutes until just beginning to brown.
    4. Add in all remaining ingredients. Simmer on low 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
    5. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed before serving.
    ** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **

    Comments

    1. This sounds like a delicous soup Rebekah. Thanks so much for the Herbs de Provence. This was a fun event.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my goodness this looks delicious. Thanks for joining in my event, especially during this crazy time in the world. I really appreciate it. This soup - chunky and all! - looks amazing.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

    Popular Posts