#SecretRecipeClub ~ Barbecue Salad


Welcome to the May 2016 special Secret Recipe Club Picnic / BBQ Themed Reveal Day! I was assigned to Cooking Mimi and had a wonderful time browsing her recipes for inspiration. There were SO many ideas... I save quite a few for later. I found Smoky Sriracha Barbecue Sauce, Alabama White Barbecue Sauce, Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburgers, Peanut Butter Pie with a Pretzel Crust, Pina Colada Poke Cake, and then a Barbecue Salad... umm... what? Yes, that one. I want that one!


This was a very delicious and perfectly summery meal we enjoyed recently. The original recipe calls for a base of lettuce greens topped with barbecue sauced meat, and then mix and match the other ingredients to your personal preference. I used a couple of my recent Farmer's Market finds and added some fresh juicy peaches along with some finely diced garlic scape (that stuff smells amazing!)


You can't go wrong with this one - it's the perfect addition to your summer meals, and so easy to mix and match to what you have on hand and prefer on your salad. I love the addition of the barbecued chicken with the ranch - it was deliciously different and a fantastic combination. We will definitely use this Barbecue Salad base again soon!




Barbecue Salad
Makes about 3 salads

Ingredients
2 cups shredded chicken coated with BBQ sauce (to taste)
6 cups cleaned and torn salad greens
Ranch dressing (or other favorite salad dressing)
Various toppings (to taste) such as: cheese, tomatoes, garlic scape, peaches, sliced carrots, etc.

Directions
  1. Heat the meat and barbecue sauce until hot. 
  2. Place salad greens on plates. 
  3. Divide meat among the salads and top with dressing and various toppings.





Comments

  1. Great looking salad!! I loved cooking from your blog this month!! Thanks for having so many great recipes to chose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches with barbecue = heaven! Great pick for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds heavenly. I love main meal salads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entree salads are one of the only things I eat in the summer when it is so hot outside. Great post an another great idea for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your peaches! What a lovely add!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I have never thought of this, but it looks really good. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful salad! I love all the color. Never thought to combine BBQ and a salad. My husband would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BBQ salad - whaaaaat? Awesome! I love that you put peaches on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I'll definitely have to give it a try as I'm trying to cut carbs and this would be super filling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BBQ + Salad. That sounds like a winner!! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never thought to put shredded meat + bbq sauce on top of a salad, but it looks delicious. And you said the magic word - peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm I love ordering barbecue chicken salads at restaurants, I wonder why I never think to make my own with leftover chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts