#MuffinMonday ~ Peach Cobbler Muffin
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
Summer is here and that means perfectly delicious summer fruits. In Georgia that definitely means fresh, tasty, juicy peaches. I was so excited to get some at the Chattanooga Farmer's Market I went to last weekend and to get to use them in this recipe. I've had my eye out for peaches at the grocery store for awhile now, but the farm fresh peaches beat anything I've found at the grocery store! These peaches are perfect right now - run down your arm to your elbow juicy. I love them, and could eat them every day. I will definitely have to hit the Farmer's Market up again soon for another basket full. Yumm!
Perfectly tender, ripe peaches result in perfectly tender baked muffins! I only have good things to say about this recipe. I was thrilled with how they came out. Lightly sweet with a touch of cinnamon, very tender, but they hold together pretty well, and the peaches result in a base of gooey-fruity perfection along the bottom. This is a wonderful muffin recipe and I will absolutely use it again.
Check out all the other amazing muffin recipes shared by the group today:
- Bacon and Caramelized Vidalia Onion Corn Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Bacon and Roquefort Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fresh Chive and Ricotta Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Roasted Peach and Bacon Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Spicy Zucchini Bacon Cheese Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peach Cobbler Muffin from Southern Souffle
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
5 TBS vegetable oil
1 large egg
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup fresh peaches, peeled and cubed
Turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and granulated sugar
- In a separate bowl, blend the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Gently fold in peaches. Do not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar (if desired).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffins are golden brown (mine needed the full 30 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing to cooling racks. Enjoy warm.