Chic Green Beans


It's been a wonderfully brunch filled week at our house, and now that Brunch Week 2016 has come to a close, I was ready to look at some new dinner recipes and get inspired to cook something a little different in my kitchen last night. The AllRecipes AllStars is a terrific group I am part of, and we have little challenges each month, and this month is the #IMadeIt campaign, to get us to make new dishes from AllRecipes.com that we haven't yet tried and I love this campaign! There are SO MANY amazing recipes on AllRecipes, and I want to try them all... and I've probably saved half of the website in my various folders.


So last night for dinner I made not 1, 2, or 3, but 4 new to me recipes! I was pretty thrilled at how well they all came out too. I'll share the other three over the coming week, but today are these very easy and completely delicious green beans with mushrooms. Simply seasoned with garlic salt and pepper, they are an easy and very tasty side dish that could go with just about anything. We served them next to some pecan rice and bourbon chicken. Yumm!


Chic Green Beans from Luv2Eat on AllRecipes

Ingredients
3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 tsp garlic salt, or to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Bring a pot water to a boil; add green beans and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
  2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and almonds until tender, about 8 minutes; stir in green beans. Season with garlic salt and black pepper.




Comments

  1. Sounds wonderful. Always looking for some way to spruce up veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts