Fruity Rice Krispie Treats


This is a quick, fun and easy anytime treat that I'm sure you've enjoyed before, but with a little bit of a twist! I had a bag of Fun Mallows leftover from a fruit salad I made not long ago and decided that Rice Krispie Treats would be a tasty way to use them up.

These come out with the same chewy texture you expect, but with a unique and different fruity flavor that we all really enjoyed. I had a hard time putting the pan away to stop snacking on actually. I was a little concerned about how they would come out when I was melting the marshmallows down into a sauce - because of the orange, green, pink, yellow colors it all turns a murky greenish color that doesn't look very appetizing. But once the cereal is mixed in the color is hardly noticeable at all. The flavor reminded me of fruity pebbles!


I am looking forward to the long 3-day weekend ahead and getting a few things done around the house, grilling out at least once, experimenting in the kitchen, trying to get through Season 4 of Supernatural which my sister has completely hooked me on, cooking and baking some more, spending lots of quality time with my kiddos, maybe getting out to the pool one more time, and running a few errands too. What do you have planned for Labor Day weekend?


Fruity Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients
1 10-oz bag Kraft Jet Puffed Fun Mallows
3 TBS butter
6 cups Rice Krispies

Directions
  1. Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray and set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; when mostly melted dump in the marshmallows and stir regularly and gently until marshmallows have completely melted into a murky colored goo... don't be alarmed.
  3. Add in the rice krispies and stir with a spatula until mixture is well combined. Pour mixture into the prepped pan. Use waxed paper to press mixture down into pan. 
  4. Allow to cool and set, cut into squares and serve.

Comments

  1. Blend it in well, at that point empty it into your sweets molds, fruity pebbles weed treats being certain to take note of how much weed you've utilized, 5 grams, and the number of confections you have made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts