#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Marinated Mushrooms
If you are a blogger and you're interested in joining in the fun, visit us at our Facebook Foodie Extravaganza page. You can also visit our past party submissions on our Pinterest Foodie Extravaganza board . We hope you will enjoy the recipes we are sharing this month. Our fantastic hostess is Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm for this month's mushroom theme.
This is a super easy and delicious way to enjoy some antipasto style marinated mushrooms. I love love love marinated mushrooms, but this is actually the first time I've made them at home! The first time I had them homemade was actually on a trip to Washington state to visit with my family and as usual my brother and sister and I all got together and cooked! My brother made a big batch of marinated mushrooms stove top and we gobbled them up with some olives, bread, cheese, etc. later. Get a good loaf of crusty bread, some tasty olives, good cheese and a glass of wine and enjoy an appetizer dinner one night with these. They're super tasty, and easy to adjust the seasonings to your personal preferences. I made these initially closer to the original recipe, but had omitted a couple items (onion, etc.) and then found them a little on the bland side so increased the salt and added a healthy dose of garlic powder and that was perfect for me.
Just look at all the wonderful Mushroom recipes being shared today!
- Cheesy Mushroom Chicken by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Crepes by Cooking with Carlee
- Crusted Seafood Mushroom Caps by The Freshman Cook
- Duxelles by Food Lust People Love
- Marinated Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Mushroom and Chorizo Ragu by Cookin' and Craftin'
- Mushroom Bread Pudding by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Leek Chinese Dumplings by The Joyful Foodie
- Mushroom Stroganoff with Herb Spaetzle by Caroline's Cooking
- Mushroom Zoodles and Cheese;by Brunch with Joy
- Portabella and Butternut Squash Crepes by Cherishing A Sweet Life
- Rántott Gomba - Hungarian Fried Mushrooms by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Ravioli with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Shiitake Bruschetta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Marinated Mushrooms adapted from Pink Bites
1 pound of white mushrooms
4 TBS of good extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS white wine vinegar
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 TBS of fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 TBS thyme
1/2 tsp of salt (more to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
- Wash mushrooms well and place in a medium sized pot, add water just to cover. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer mushrooms for about 20 - 30 minutes on a low simmer. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed (I added a touch more salt to mine).
- If flavor and texture are right, serve immediately or store with liquid until ready to enjoy.