#FoodieExtravaganza ~ Marinated Mushrooms

If you are a blogger and you're interested in joining in the fun, visit us at our Facebook Foodie Extravaganza page. You can also visit our past party submissions on our Pinterest Foodie Extravaganza board . We hope you will enjoy the recipes we are sharing this month. Our fantastic hostess is Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm for this month's mushroom theme. 

This is a super easy and delicious way to enjoy some antipasto style marinated mushrooms. I love love love marinated mushrooms, but this is actually the first time I've made them at home! The first time I had them homemade was actually on a trip to Washington state to visit with my family and as usual my brother and sister and I all got together and cooked! My brother made a big batch of marinated mushrooms stove top and we gobbled them up with some olives, bread, cheese, etc. later. Get a good loaf of crusty bread, some tasty olives, good cheese and a glass of wine and enjoy an appetizer dinner one night with these. They're super tasty, and easy to adjust the seasonings to your personal preferences. I made these initially closer to the original recipe, but had omitted a couple items (onion, etc.) and then found them a little on the bland side so increased the salt and added a healthy dose of garlic powder and that was perfect for me.

Just look at all the wonderful Mushroom recipes being shared today!


Marinated Mushrooms adapted from Pink Bites

Ingredients
1 pound of white mushrooms
4 TBS of good extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS white wine vinegar
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 TBS of fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 TBS thyme
1/2 tsp of salt (more to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)

Instructions
  1. Wash mushrooms well and place in a medium sized pot, add water just to cover. Add remaining ingredients.
  2. Bring water to a boil and simmer mushrooms for about 20 - 30 minutes on a low simmer. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed (I added a touch more salt to mine).
  3. If flavor and texture are right, serve immediately or store with liquid until ready to enjoy.


Comments

  1. What a perfect antipasto addition. I have never tried making marinated mushrooms at home either. This looks like a delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I am stopping on my way home tonight for some olives and French bread so we can finish them off... yumm...! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried making marinated mushrooms either, but they sound tasty, I'm sure better than bought ones and easy to nibble on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE this, Rebekah. Thanks for sharing with #FoodieExtravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know such a thing existed. But then again, I don't like mushrooms. Either way, it's always good to expand the offerings on a cheese plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Rebekah...I can''t wait to make them for my next antipasti plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These would be gone in an instant if I made them! They look wonderfully delicious! What a wonderful idea, a little French bread, olives, cheese, salami or Italian cold cut, with a glass of wine, sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Love marinated mushrooms, but have never made them at home. They look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great antipasto, fantastic party food, and wonderful for a picnic too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could just leave the bowl in the fridge and come back evry hour and eat them like a snack! Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, these sound and look wonderful, Rebekah. I"m going to make a batch ahead of our next picnic and bring them along in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds yummy! I haven't had marinaded mushrooms before, but they sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts