Today I want to share with you a delicious and delightful way to start your day! This is sweet, warmly spiced, and creamy smooth coffee drink that will keep you out of Starbucks and in your kitchen. The cinnamon dolce syrup makes this drink super special, and I highly recommend you keep some of this goodness if your refrigerator at all times!
We used the Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press to make our coffee, and it is a gorgeous and wonderful french press to keep in your home. My husband is a huge fan of french presses, they really get the most out of your coffee beans. I love that not only is this beautiful to look at, but it's a nice large size - good for 3 or even 4 people to have a nice sized cup of coffee per use.
I also love that this french press works very well for cold brewed coffee, and you can bet I'll be putting that to the test this summer! I love me some iced caramel lattes!
The Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press has an elegant chrome finish,holds 1500ml, or 50-oz, is dishwasher safe, has a micro-mesh filter, and it works great with coarse-ground coffee or tea leaves! This is a beautiful addition to your kitchen, and having a french press on hand allows you to get the most out of each cup of coffee.
Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Coffee adapted from Farmgirl Gourmet
Ingredients for Cinnamon Dolce Syrup:
1 1/2 cups water
3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
1 cup plus 2 TBS brown sugar
To Assemble Beverage:
3 TBS cinnamon dolce syrup
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, add the water and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and put a lid on the saucepan. Let steep 10 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon sticks and add the brown sugar to the cinnamon water mixture. Return to medium heat and stir gently until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool completely. Store in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Assembling the beverage:
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon dolce syrup into 2 mugs.
- Add 1/2 cup strong coffee along with 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream to each of the mugs and stir.
- Optional: top with freshly made whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon for a beautiful and delicious finishing touch.
- Serve immediately.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Francois et Mimi for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.