#PumpkinWeek - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hello and welcome to day 4 #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day this week for #PumpkinWeek recipes (and take a peek at the ones from earlier in the week too)! You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
These cookies are such a great fall treat - they are so soft and chewy, and have a great spiced flavor to them. My husband wasn't a big fan, but my son and daughter both loved these. I shouldn't be surprised though - both of my kids seem to be huge fans of anything with pumpkin in them. When Lindsey was first starting on solids we fed her quite a bit of pumpkin goodies - pumpkin blended with baked apples, and a pumpkin rice dish were staples for her. Now at 13 months old we've moved on to pumpkin baked goods, and she thinks they're good stuff! We limit her sweets, but I definitely let her have tastes of anything homemade I make and she knows what the word "cookie" means!
My son has already requested that I make these again - they made a nice small batch so they disappeared within about 2 days and Kent took some to school to share with his friends too. This is a great addition to the "pumpkin baked goods arsenal"! They are great warm with some vanilla ice cream for an extra decadent treat.
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
Pumpkin Tres Leches by Love and Confections
Spiced Pumpkin Butter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pumpkin Palmiers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal by The Spiffy Cookie
Mini Healthy Pumpkin Pies by Happy Food Healthy Life
Easy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce by Lady Behind The Curtain
Savory Pumpkin Tart by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Pumpkin Custard Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Making Miracles
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 TBS pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon Plus (or pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend together the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin puree and blend until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and Cinnamon Plus together and blend.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined. Add in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet (12 per sheet).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom and mostly set. Allow cookies to rest on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.