*Copycat* Orange Julius

I am a big fan of Orange Julius drinks - the original orangey, creamy, dreamy, cool, and refreshing beverage is always on my "I want" list when I visit the mall. It's not something I get to indulge in very often, but it is something I always look forward to when I know a mall visit is coming up!

I was very excited when I found the recipe for this via Pinterest on Sarah Lynn's Sweets and they were so good!! I tweaked the recipe a little bit below as I thought there was too much sweetener in the original, but otherwise I though these were really tasty, creamy, and delicious. I found the flavor of this to be just about perfect, and definitely a fantastic "copycat" recipe so I can enjoy the flavor of Orange Julius at home whenever I'm in the mood for one!

The recipe below makes enough for about 2 really big drinks, or 3 normal sized drinks so I don't recommend doubling unless you want a REALLY big batch (a doubled batch wouldn't have fit in my blender!) So, you'll only need half of a regular sized can of frozen orange juice concentrate. I used Stevia in the raw for my sweetener, though the original recipe calls for regular sugar. Use whatever you have available and prefer.



Orange Julius Copycat slightly adapted from Sarah Lynn's Sweets

Ingredients
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 cup water
3 TSP sweetener (Sugar, Splenda, Stevia, etc.)
1 tsp vanilla
8 ice cubes

Directions
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender (ice on the bottom) and blend until smooth.
A Peek Into My Paradise

Comments

  1. Yum!

    I would love for you to link up to my TGIF Link Party! Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite Cathy - I linked up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts