Sweet Restaurant-Style Coleslaw

This is a terrific coleslaw recipe we've been using for a couple years now. I don't make it often (my son is not a fan!) but I really enjoy it with summery BBQ type meals. The other day we had shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner, and I thought coleslaw and some baked beans would be great accompaniments!

The sauce is a little on the runny side, so just be aware when you're serving you'll definitely want a slotted spoon - or you can just add more cabbage mixture to the sauce; it goes a long way! This has a nice, creamy texture, with a light sweetness. You can add a couple tablespoons of finely diced onion if you'd like, but I'm not a raw onion fan so I don't add any to ours. If you're not sure how sweet you want the recipe, you can always start with 1/4 cup sugar, taste, and adjust it until it is at the right sweetness-level for you.




Sweet Restaurant-Style Coleslaw by Sandi Johnson on AllRecipes.com

Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix                         
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (I used regular mayonnaise)                                
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
                         
Directions
  1. In a large Tupperware, whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds.
  2. Add in the bag of coleslaw mix and stir gently to combine. Put a lid on it and shake well to ensure even distribution of sauce. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
 

Comments

  1. Love homemade coleslaw and your recipe looks delicious. Stop by the BBQ Block Party Thursday and share your link - it goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for hosting - I linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The use of poppy seeds is a different ingredient. I have never used them in my coleslaw I will have to try that.
    Thanks for stopping by our BBQ Block Party. This recipe will go great as a side.
    Have a great Memorial Day Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our whole family loves Coleslaw - I have never tried it with Poppy Seeds and look forward to trying your recipe :-) Thank you for sharing at our All MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party ! Hope we'll see you again tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts