Our Pregnancy: 20 Weeks!

20 weeks is a great milestone week! So excited to be at this point and I can't wait to see how the babies are growing at our peri appointment on Thursday! The days are just FLYING by and I can't keep up! I am feeling pretty great lately - tired off and on, but really over all really good which I am super thankful for and will do my best to enjoy for as long as it lasts!

According to Baby Center this week:
How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

I am really starting to "see" the weight gain. I'm right on track for the goals I've been given and have to keep reminding myself there is a REASON for those goals - and just keep hoping that means babies are getting what they need to grow big and healthy and strong!

I need to pack up tomorrow evening and get together all the cold weather items Kenneth requested I bring to the hotel for him - I cannot WAIT to see him! I have really been missing him lately as it sinks in that he'll be gone overseas before too much more time has passed! Kent is so funny and is convinced he's going to miss me terribly - but I have a feeling the few days I'm gone will fly by for him too since he gets to spend time with his Great Grandmother who always spoils him rotten whenever he visits with her! I know he'll have a great time. :)

I have to mention too - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MISS "S"! My 2nd surrobaby turned ONE years old yesterday!! I cannot BELIEVE that was only a year ago! I remember it so clearly and yet this past year has been so full for our family - it just blows my mind that was really only a year ago! I got to see an absolutely adorable picture of her and that totally made my day - getting to see how adorable she is and how obviously loved and happy she is gives me warm fuzzies! :)p

I also got to talk to my Aunt on the way home from work this afternoon - she's been at the hospital with her daughter who's in labor with her first child! She'd called last night at 9pm to tell me they were heading to the hospital, so sounds like a long (normal) first labor and delivery. I can't wait to hear that baby is hear and everyone is doing well! So exciting and of course always makes me feel nostalgic when I flash back to my first labor and delivery and welcoming our little boy into our lives and feeling so completely clueless and helpless... my baby is now turning THIRTEEN this month!! Where has the time gone!??!

Time to get myself and these sweet little girls to bed! :)

Comments

  1. You look AMAZING Rebekah!! I can't believe Kent will be 13 Oh.my.gahhh! Tell him Hi for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! Where have I been- you're already 20 weeks!!! Looking good lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts