Our Pregnancy: 22 Weeks!

This past week has been a total BLUR!! I can't believe we're already at our next week of the pregnancy, but I am THRILLED to be here! One more week 'til the first viability milestone which will be great to be past! Many more great milestones to come! :)
 This week according to BabyCenter:
How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:


At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

I am tired again. I think several things are changing for me physically as the pregnancy progresses, and I am going to be feeling a little more discomfort as the days go by. I have started noticing foot and ankle swelling several evenings over the past week and am making an effort to up my fluid intake and I usually spend time on the couch in the evenings anyway, but am trying to prop my feet up now when I do to help the fluid drain. I really feel huge! I think I look almost full term already and know we have a long way to go - but with the weight gain and size of my belly I think I am going to start feeling a lot of those "full term" things now - like the fatigue and water retention and probably hip/back pain. I just hope my body holds up well to all the changes and adjustments and keeps these two sweet baby girls happily baking for many more months!!

Kenneth gets home TOMORROW evening!! I cannot wait for the phone call that they're on their way and then to see him again and have him home. I know he will be glad to be home for a couple days too and see Kent and the puppies too. We're trying to keep the "to-do" list at a minimum so hopefully not too many errands to run or tasks to complete while he's home so he can just relax and enjoy the time off. I know he's been working such long days lately and will be glad for a break.

I already got the oil changed this past week and am going to try to get the emissions testing done on my way home (our tag renewals are all due with Kenneth's birthday in late December!) so the only car thing he wants to get done will be a radiator and transmission fluid flush on the Focus and maybe if he feels like it he can spend some time getting grimy in the basement working on his Bronco and I know he wants to get the Ducati's battery replaced. Those are all somewhat "fun" for him, being vehicle related though, so hopefully it won't feel like too much of a chore list! :)

I ordered most of the Christmas/birthday gifts needed for December and am waiting for them to start arriving - hopefully Kenneth's gifts get here by tomorrow so I can hide them before he sees the packaging or he'll know what he's getting from me!! I am excited to get the tree up and start wrapping everything as it comes in. I feel like I'm on a deadline all the time with everything lately. I've noticed I don't want to put ANYTHING off if possible and try to get it done sooner rather than later for the "just in case"! You just never know how long things will continue smoothly with a twin pregnancy and there's no reason to think things won't continue to go like they have, which has been perfect, but I think I have it in the back of my mind to not get complacent and do whatever I can now and be as prepared as possible!

Next weekend is Kent's SAT testing and our company Holiday party - I cannot believe it really is almost December!! I love the Christmas season and can't wait to start playing Christmas music again! :)

Comments

Popular Posts