Our Pregnancy: 19 Weeks!

Don't ask me how in God's green earth another week has come and gone... it is now NOVEMBER!! Holy MOLY!! We went to our friend's annual Halloween party on Saturday and had a GREAT time (Kent wore a scary "Scream 4" costume and I was an angel :D ) then on Sunday we met up with Kenneth's parent's and grandmother for a birthday lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then I spent most of the afternoon in "clean up" mode around the house - mainly tidying things up and purging Kent's old clothes and little "to-do's" that needed to be done! I felt much better by the end of the day when I'd made some progress!

Yesterday was trick or treating! Maybe our last year... we shall see! Kent had a good time and got a good sized haul of candy - we sort of have a set loop we walk each year and whatever he gets, he gets - I don't want a HUGE bag of candy that is going to end up in the trash after a few months so usually he ends up with about a big ziploc sized bag full which is MORE than enough to last awhile and makes him happy! He loves sorting it all out and prioritizing (Reeses are at the top of the "wanted" list this year)! :)

And now we are at Tuesday once again... the last few days have gone by so quickly but in a good way... I know that trend is going to continue throughout this month and before we know it we'll be at our first viability milestone of 23 weeks on November 29th and then into December! And today, at 19 weeks, we are officially at our half way point for this pregnancy since they won't let us go past 38 weeks. So at the most we have 19 weeks LEFT!! HOLY MOLY!! I definitely just want to get past the "20's" and into the 30's (which will be in mid January) and then hope the babies and I enjoy each other's companies all the way through full term without any problems - things have been going so well lately I am feeling cautiously optimistic and hopeful that we'll be one of the lucky ones with a relatively uneventful twin pregnancy! Fingers and toes are staying crossed! :)

So here's what BabyCenter says for this week!
How Jenn and Chad's babies are growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
I am starting to feel slightly stronger movements from the girls, but still not all that frequently. A few times a day at the most still. I enjoy the movements I do feel and am still looking forward to when they pick up a little more! :)

I have been craving an Edible Arrangements like crazy lately. It is the weirdest thing! I am going to have to tell Kenneth next time he feels like sending me something to please send me an Edible Arrangement. Luckily for me they happened to have a groupon special a couple days ago so for $10 I will get a box of 12 chocolate dipped fruits (probably strawberries) - I just have to call ahead and pick it up; maybe this coming weekend if I'm not too worn out after the Basset Bash on Saturday! :) I was so excited to see that after probably a week of visiting their website and debating whether or not to order something for myself!!
 
The only other weird craving of note I've had off and on lately is a fish sandwich from McDonalds. Probably something I've had maybe 5 times in my life, but lately it sounds SO good! I've been drinking a lot more milk than I ever have before too which is a good thing - normally I can only handle milk cooked into things or on cereal, but I have a big glass pretty much every day and it just "sounds good" a lot of the time. Especially with a few graham crackers... mmmm....  :)
 
I guess that's the update for now! I know this week is going to be over before I know it, Daylight Savings Time will have ended and I'll be getting ready to head to Mississippi to meet Kenneth on the evening of the 10th!

Comments

  1. Wow! Time really flies! When I read about pregnancies on blogs I just can't believe how fast the babies grow...or so it seems, as a reader.

    Your craving is so funny! It's a good craving but sounds expensive... I hope I crave something good and cheap and easy to get a hold of! haha. Thank God for groupons!


    Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half way point! The time definitely flies! So glad to hear you're having such a healthy pregnancy...that's awesome! Next week you're in the 20's!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Rebekah..you look sooo amazing !!! And please rub that beautiful belly for me !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts