Instant Pot Brown Rice
This is a super simple recipe for perfect instant pot brown rice! I just got my instant pot after a black Friday sale that convinced me to join the movement. There are so many recipes out there - and as usual I want to try them all! We decided to start with rice. We cook a fair amount of rice in this house, and specifically brown rice which needs a little more TLC in the cooking department.
This recipe was actually the very first dish I made in the Instant Pot and to say I was impressed with how easy it was, and how great the rice came out would be an understatement. I was thrilled! Brown rice can be tricky, but the Instant Pot yielded evenly cooked, perfectly tender rice with no excess moisture in the bowl. This is such an easy way to prep a batch of rice!
Instant Pot Brown Rice from Detoxinista
1 cup brown rice (rinsed well)
1 cup broth (or water)
- Double ingredients as desired (I made 3 cups of rice with 3 cups of broth the first time).
- Combine the rice and liquid of choice in the bottom of the instant pot and stir to combine a time or two.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Press the "Pressure Cooker" button, and set for 22 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow steam to naturally release until the screen reads LO:10; then flip the valve to venting.
- When it has completely vented, open lid, and fluff the rice; serve immediately.