Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
At some point I will remake these and update the picture - but this photo was all I managed to snap after a late night baking adventure to prepare for a party. These tasty chocolate treats were gobbled up in about 10 seconds at my daughter's recent birthday. I made 12 each vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate cupcakes and we brought them out and let the kids decorate them. They made a huge mess and had a blast!!
We taste tested 1 cupcake (my daughter's choice) after baking and she picked the chocolate one (good call kiddo)! They were absolutely delicious. Moist, tender, fluffy, and packed full of good chocolate flavor. Definitely a keeper. We will certainly make these again!
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes from Sally's Baking Addiction
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder (sifted, if needed)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with liners (the recipe makes about 12-14 cupcakes). Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder (mine needed to be sifted, if yours is lumpy at all sift first), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend together the eggs, granulated and brown sugars, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add half of the wet to the dry ingredients, followed by half of the buttermilk and stir. Add remaining wet ingredients (including buttermilk) and whisk just until combined - do not overmix.
- Do not fill cupcake wells more than half full (I did - and as you can probably see the tops mushroomed out more than they should have!)
- Bake for 18-21 minutes in pre-heated oven, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting (but do yourself a favor, and taste test just 1 while they're still warm)! :)