Quick Pizza Dough
This is a wonderful, quick pizza dough recipe we tried out recently. I was very pleased with how it came together in the mixer, it rose beautifully, and the texture was fantastic! You can add additional seasoning to the dough if you'd like - such as basil, garlic powder, etc. It makes a wonderful blank canvas for your favorite pizza toppings.
We had quite a few leftovers from a recent get together that we were trying to figure out how best to re-purpose and use - we took an artichoke dip, roasted red peppers, hummus, mozzarella balls, sliced tomatoes, banana peppers, and some salami and made this Mediterranean themed pizza. It was delicious! Hummus makes a great, fun base for a pizza night twist.
My Baby Baker had a great time rolling out and topping her own pepperoni pizza as well. I'm not sure where the time keeps flying - can't believe she's already 5, and she's getting so good at helping with our cooking and baking projects. We still have the occasional dumping of an ingredient in the wrong direction - but she's learning and I love having such a happy helper! If only I could get her more interested in cleaning up afterwards! :D
Quick Pizza Dough from Sugar Spun Run
2-2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoon (1 packet) yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 TBS olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to combine then set aside for 5-10 minutes until bubbly and activated.
- Add in 1 cup of the flour and all remaining ingredients. Place a dough hook in your stand mixer and set to medium. Slowly add in additional flour until a ball forms, allow to knead about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and spread a little olive oil around the bottom and sides of bowl. Return dough to bowl and cover with a tea towel. Set in a warm place and allow to rise 30-60 minutes, until doubled in size.
- When the dough is risen, if you are going to bake your pizza immediately, preheat your oven to 425 degrees at this point.
- Deflate the dough and scrape out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 3-4 times until smooth, then use a flour coated rolling pin to roll out to fit your pizza pan.
- Top as desired and bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)